Disc Write Says No

Welcome to the Pyramix MassCore discussion forum.
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
soundaround

Disc Write Says No

Postby soundaround » Wed Mar 09, 2005 18:33

In the Disc Write program, out beside the times of each track is the word "No". This is in the Copy column. What is this for and where is it changed should we need to? Any help would be appreciated. - Jef and Jim

Silas

Postby Silas » Wed Mar 09, 2005 20:03

Hi Guys,

Hope all is well down there. You can change the copy setting for each track in the CD tab window on the far right. Clicking directly on the field will toggle back and forth.

However, I too would very much like to know what Copy-No or Copy-Yes means! :?
Does the default "no" mean that no copies are allowed or that copy protection is not on? I suspect the latter but...

Best,
Silas

Professor

Postby Professor » Thu Mar 10, 2005 00:46

Silas wrote:Hi Guys,

Does the default "no" mean that no copies are allowed or that copy protection is not on? I suspect the latter but...

Best,
Silas

"no" means "no copy!", i.e. copy protection is ON.
Andrey Subbotin

soundaround

Postby soundaround » Thu Mar 10, 2005 01:02

So here are my next questions.
1. Why does this feature appear not to work?. We can put a mastered project that we did in Pyramix, into a duplicator and make copies. No Problems.
2. If we send out a project to a major replication house will they run into problems with this master?

Professor

Postby Professor » Thu Mar 10, 2005 01:11

soundaround wrote:So here are my next questions.
1. Why does this feature appear not to work?. We can put a mastered project that we did in Pyramix, into a duplicator and make copies. No Problems.

This is prevent only digital copy from CD-player to MD or consumer DAT. Works only on SPDIF or optical connectors... For more info find SCMS (Serial Copy Managment System - or like this, I don't remember exactly:oops:) in Red Book specification.

2. If we send out a project to a major replication house will they run into problems with this master?

No any problems - they print what you send...
Andrey Subbotin

soundaround

Postby soundaround » Thu Mar 10, 2005 01:13

Thanks Professor. How's the weather in Moscow?

Professor

Postby Professor » Thu Mar 10, 2005 01:17

soundaround wrote:Thanks Professor. How's the weather in Moscow?

Typical russian winter! :lol: But this is off topic! :roll:
Andrey Subbotin