Altiverb suddenly disappears?

Pyramix Native users forum
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
Mark Lemaire

Altiverb suddenly disappears?

Postby Mark Lemaire » Tue Jun 04, 2024 22:18

This may be an issue with something other than PMX, but I am tracing the issue and it looks like PMX experts might be able to help. So:

I have been using 'Altiverb 7 Regular' since October 2020.

Windows 10 Professional (running on a MacBook Pro using Bootcamp)
Pyramix 11.5 (DAW)
iLok USB for dongle

Yesterday (June 3, 2024) I was using Pyramix on the above system. Altiverb was in use. I touched the physical dongle- doing this may have caused the problem. In any case, I got a warning that said something like 'Must Authorise Audio Ease' *

* It may have said something else, but it was a warning that Altiverb/ AudioEase was having a problem.

At that point, the Altiverb went offline, and I have not managed to fix the problem. All my Pyramix projects show Altiverb crossed out on the mixer. It's no longer listed among the plug-ins in the PMX environment, but appears to still be present on the PC.

- I opened iLok and iLok appears to be working. The Altiverb license is there and appears to be 'seen' by the iLok dongle (no warning or problems seem apparent). I have synchronized the iLok.

What do you folks suggest? Ideas?
Mark Lemaire
RubatoRecording.com
Audiophile recording of your music. Anywhere. Anytime.