Problem with Monitor

Pyramix Native users forum
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
Kurt

Problem with Monitor

Postby Kurt » Mon Mar 25, 2024 19:25

I recently loaded a 16 Channel Object Bus on a 16 Channel + 1 Aux group + 1 Stereo Master Bus project. I did this to see if I could use Mixdown with all inserts, fader settings and automation to 16 separate files for use in Melodyne standalone. This worked ok but I am now experiencing problems with the Monitor in PMX, not only for this project but every other project.

The Monitor when set to the aux group bus now buzzes when the mute button in the mixer is engaged. Sometimes Left, sometimes Right, sometimes loud, sometimes soft. The mute button works fine when listening through the MB1 main stereo bus. It is ok on all other channels. I tried removing the channel and adding another. Same result. I reset the UFX+ interface using Totalmix Total Reset. No difference. Mute buttons work fine in Totalmix.

When disconnecting the Monitor and routing directly to Ch 1 and Ch 2 from the Mixer I have no problems.

It seems like the Object Bus has broken the routing in the Mixer. (The Aux Group was audible even when the Object Bus was selected-although I'm not sure if solo safe was selected in the Verb Channel.) I'm waiting to hear back from Merging.

Will I need to uninstall and reinstall? I'm using PMX 14,0.2 and will need to use PMX 14.0.5 (Final). Will I need a new Key? Will this fix the problem?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Kurt

fl

Re: Problem with Monitor

Postby fl » Thu Mar 28, 2024 18:08

Have you checked the Routing page in the Pyramix Mixer?
It seems odd that you get buzz from a DAW, and it's more likely to be an input from somewhere being (mis-)routed into your monitor mix.
Frank Lockwood, Toronto, ON, Canada
http://LockwoodARS.com
• Pyramix Native 11.1.6
• Mac Mini 6.2 (3rd Gen. Quadcore i7) - Bootcamp 6.0.6136 - Win10 Pro SP1 64 v1809
• RME Fireface 800 ASIO driver 3.125 or ASIO4All 2.15