Project Settings

Pyramix Native users forum
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
Kurt

Project Settings

Postby Kurt » Wed Feb 14, 2024 23:16

Hello,

I recently recorded a session where PMX failed to find the Record drive. I set it manually to G:Anderson/percussion. I forgot to assign the sub directory Media Files. Upon returning to my studio I found that PMX had stored the files in the Anderson/percussion directory and assigned the PMX file to Anderson. In settings General it is blank. This is then first time I've ever made this mistake and I am nervous that I will loose any edits I make in the session unless I fix this book keeping. The project opens and works fine from both the recent file list and the windows directory.

Should I leave it alone or should I create a Media Files subfolder, drag the bwf files to it, put the .pmx file in the percussion folder and reassign the directory in Settings Record and General?

Thanks!

fl

Re: Project Settings

Postby fl » Sat Feb 24, 2024 21:02

You should be fine with creating a new "Media Files" folder and moving your files to it, and then entering its location in the Pyramix Settings. When Pyramix can't find them in the original location, all you have to do is "Mount" the new location in the Media Manager. Your editing information is stored in the .pmx file, not in the media files, so you should be fine with the move.
Frank Lockwood, Toronto, ON, Canada
http://LockwoodARS.com
• Pyramix Native 11.1.6
• Mac Mini 6.2 (3rd Gen. Quadcore i7) - Bootcamp 6.0.6136 - Win10 Pro SP1 64 v1809
• RME Fireface 800 ASIO driver 3.125 or ASIO4All 2.15

Kurt

Re: Project Settings

Postby Kurt » Fri Mar 15, 2024 15:07

Thanks Frank