Flux VST demos

Welcome to the Pyramix MassCore discussion forum.
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
Thomas Grubb

Flux VST demos

Postby Thomas Grubb » Fri Oct 19, 2007 06:50

Hi everyone,

Just a word of warning to not try out the new Flux VST plugin demos with Pyramix. My system became quite erratic, and wouldn't mix down to certain folders with them installed (and they wouldn't appear properly on the strip anyway).

Cheers,
Tom
Thomas Grubb
manomusica.com
Melbourne

Jonathon Stevens

Postby Jonathon Stevens » Fri Oct 19, 2007 22:23

I didn't notice my system getting erratic, but the flux vst demo wouldn't appear in my channel strips either.
Jonathon Stevens
jonathon@centitone.com

Silas

Postby Silas » Fri Oct 19, 2007 22:56

Thanks for the heads up!! Its been sitting on my desk for a week and I was just about to try it! Too bad as I really like their plugins and the newest VST versions have some nice new features that are not in the Myk-based version (like parallel comp and MS EQ)

-Silas

Steve

Postby Steve » Sat Oct 20, 2007 00:15

Silas wrote:Thanks for the heads up!! Its been sitting on my desk for a week and I was just about to try it! Too bad as I really like their plugins and the newest VST versions have some nice new features that are not in the Myk-based version (like parallel comp and MS EQ)

-Silas

Hmm very interesting re: the additional features.
I too had problems with Flux but I'm still on Win2000 at home and I thought it was OS related. When I deinstalled Flux my Pyramix wouldn't boot, I think a common dll file got deinstalled. I reinstalled Flux and my Pyramix is ok now, but the Flux plugs still don't show up on the channel strips.

Steve

Thomas Grubb

Postby Thomas Grubb » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:02

It seems ok just to de-select them in the VST-Scanner and keep them installed. I've been trying them in Sequoia without any issues.

The main issue I had with Pyramix was not being able to do a mixdown to a certain directory on the same drive as the audio files, even after restarting a few times, and suddenly exiting to the desktop during a mixdown. Otherwise it seemed ok.

Cheers,
Tom
Thomas Grubb

manomusica.com

Melbourne

Laurent Sevestre

Postby Laurent Sevestre » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:41

Hi All,

This issue is corrected in PMX 6.

Laurent

Silas

Postby Silas » Mon Oct 22, 2007 14:38

Hi Laurent,

Do you know if the PMX versions of EQX and Solera will be updated to the same feature set as the current VST version with V6?

Thanks,
Silas

Laurent Sevestre

Postby Laurent Sevestre » Mon Oct 22, 2007 14:57

Solera and EQx will become Solera and Epure in a near future to reflect the evolution of the Flux plug-ins in VST version.

Laurent

diverse

Postby diverse » Thu Nov 15, 2007 20:02

Laurent Sevestre wrote:Solera and EQx will become Solera and Epure in a near future to reflect the evolution of the Flux plug-ins in VST version.

Laurent

Will that be a free upgrade to existing users or will a fee be involved?

Adler

Postby Adler » Wed Feb 27, 2008 19:11

Laurent Sevestre wrote:Solera and EQx will become Solera and Epure in a near future to reflect the evolution of the Flux plug-ins in VST version.

Laurent

Are you saying that the VS3 versions will be updated? Also, will the Pure Limiter be available in VS3?
Chris Adler
Mindtree Studios