Linking Markers

Welcome to the Pyramix MassCore discussion forum.
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
Larry Elliott

Linking Markers

Postby Larry Elliott » Mon Sep 24, 2007 09:26

Is there anyway of being able to link markers to a clip so that if the clip is moved, the markers move also?
Thanks
Larry

Steve

Re: Linking Markers

Postby Steve » Wed Sep 26, 2007 23:38

Larry Elliott wrote:Is there anyway of being able to link markers to a clip so that if the clip is moved, the markers move also?
Thanks
Larry

Hi Larry,
I first asked for this feature 5 years ago. I would use it every day and it would be a real time saver for me if it were implemented. Didn't I get used to this from Sonic?

And how about 'find peak in selection'? Something else I miss from Sonic, that would be used every day, be a big time saver, etc.

Steve

tim

Postby tim » Thu Sep 27, 2007 04:28

I'm not in front of Pyramix right now....but if you link Markers to a track (or track group....or "Link to Any Track"), the markers - at least the CD Markers - should follow clip movements if you are in Auto Ripple mode. This holds true if you delete & ripple, and I believe also holds true if you selet and drag a clip. In Overwrite mode, the Markers won't follow. You also must not have Markers "locked".

Graemme will correct me if I'm wrong.........

Tim Martyn

mpdonahue

Postby mpdonahue » Thu Sep 27, 2007 18:28

tim wrote:I'm not in front of Pyramix right now....but if you link Markers to a track (or track group....or "Link to Any Track"), the markers - at least the CD Markers - should follow clip movements if you are in Auto Ripple mode. This holds true if you delete & ripple, and I believe also holds true if you selet and drag a clip. In Overwrite mode, the Markers won't follow. You also must not have Markers "locked".

Graemme will correct me if I'm wrong.........

Tim Martyn

The marker behavior is the reason I haven't moved over to Pyramix for my day to day CD mastering from Sonic HD. Re-sequencing masters is one of the truly frustrating things to attempt in Pyramix. Also, If you drag the clip past the next marker, the track ID's do not move correctly.
We've asked for this marker behavior change since we started using PMX 5 years ago, but it still seems to be low on the priority scale.

All the best,
-mark
Mark Donahue
Soundmirror, Inc.
Boston, MA
mark@soundmirror.com
www.soundmirror.com

Silas

Postby Silas » Thu Sep 27, 2007 20:14

Just to add another voice to the choir this is a regular frustration for me as well.

Wonder how loud we have to sing to be heard in Switzerland?

-Silas

Ricardo Ryan
Site Admin

Postby Ricardo Ryan » Thu Sep 27, 2007 20:21

Hi all,

Indeed the Marker request is known as id MT000684 in our database, the same goes for the 'find peak in selection' request. We will try to implement these two features for Pyramix 6.1 version, but as of we are mostly concentrating on the Pyramix 6.0 version and features.

Regards,
Ricardo

Merging Technologies

Paul duGre

Postby Paul duGre » Sun Sep 30, 2007 22:36

If you want to re sequence and move CD markers with the clips you have to use the CD list, just put your cursor where you want the clip and look at the cursor position with resolution set to (CD frames in the pull down menu) it will move all the other tracks after that clip, and if you want to re sequence just click the mouse on the track number in the CD list and change it to the track you want it to be.
I think it works great!
Paul

Paul duGre

Something I forgot

Postby Paul duGre » Sun Sep 30, 2007 22:39

I forgot to mention you have to type the numbers that are in the cursor display window into the start time in the CD list, you only have to type the different numbers not the whole time code.
P

Larry Elliott

Postby Larry Elliott » Mon Oct 01, 2007 00:48

Thanks Paul, however my question was related to markers on a regular project time line and not CD. As Ricardo indicated it is on the wish list.
Best
Larry

Lucas Fender

Postby Lucas Fender » Thu Oct 04, 2007 22:40

Here I am, yet another person requesting this feature...

Merging: a little attention for your CD Mastering clients, please!

NClark

moving CD markers

Postby NClark » Fri Oct 05, 2007 15:20

I assume you are all aware of being able to re-sequence the track order simply using the CD track panel. That is, to move track 3 to a new position of 5, simply select track 3 in the cdlist and drag it down to postion5. This moves the track in the time line and shuffles the others around to accomodate. it is fantastic for track re-ordering as it leaves everything else in tact. if the gap needs to be re-adjusted, then do that in the timeline and manually move the start marker.

As for general markers... this would be great to have them linked to the clip...not just the timeline.

Regards :)
Neville Clark
Disk-Edits Pty Ltd

Pyramix V7 SP3
Mykerinos MB5 and Masscore
Windows 7Pro
Asus P6X58D, Intel i7-950, Asus 5450Video

Ricardo Ryan
Site Admin

Postby Ricardo Ryan » Fri Oct 05, 2007 17:12

Hi,

We will improve the Markers for CD positioning also considering your list of requests, they were added to task id MT000266 in our database.

For now as "Tim" mentioned you can use Auto-Ripple to have the CD Markers follow in delete & ripple. To have the CD markers link to a clip you can use overwrite mode (CTRL + Clip selection), this way CD markers will follow when moving a clip right or left in the timeline.

Regards,
Ricardo

Merging Technologies

Steve

Postby Steve » Mon Oct 08, 2007 22:15

Ricardo Ryan wrote:edit
To have the CD markers link to a clip you can use overwrite mode (CTRL + Clip selection), this way CD markers will follow when moving a clip right or left in the timeline.

Regards,
Ricardo

Merging Technologies

Hi Ricardo,
Thanks for this, very much. I have been missing this capability for years....has it been in there the whole time? I've asked several times for this feature and you're the first to explain it to me. Thank you!!

Cheers,
Steve

Ricardo Ryan
Site Admin

Postby Ricardo Ryan » Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:20

Hi Steve,
Steve wrote:Hi Ricardo,
Thanks for this, very much. I have been missing this capability for years....has it been in there the whole time?

I cannot say for now when it was introduced, but since version 5.0 this is the way it behaves.

I take to opportunity to also let you know that the 'find peak in selection' request is already in our database as "MT000909: Request: peak scanner detection option." we'll try to see when that can be done.

Regards,
Ricardo

Merging Technologies
BTW, I did enjoy Bolder my brother lives there,...

Steve

Postby Steve » Thu Oct 11, 2007 08:19

Ricardo Ryan wrote:Hi Steve,
I take to opportunity to also let you know that the 'find peak in selection' request is already in our database as "MT000909: Request: peak scanner detection option." we'll try to see when that can be done.

Regards,
Ricardo
Merging Technologies
BTW, I did enjoy Bolder my brother lives there,...

Thanks Ricardo, I will look forward to that feature. Something like 'move cursor to peak within selection' would be perfect.

Interesting that your brother lives here....next time you come for a visit let me know!

Best regards,
-Steve