Markers behavior

Self-explained! ;-)
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
f_setterberg

Markers behavior

Postby f_setterberg » Thu Nov 21, 2002 14:21

I would like to see two different marker behaviors in Pyramix:
1. The one that is now, time based.
2. A mode that is clip based, more music related. If i move something in the music, I want the marker to move within the clip.
Best regards Fredrik Setterberg

Steve

re:markers

Postby Steve » Fri Nov 22, 2002 05:52

I agree! As a Sonic user I'm used to this. I'd also like to see another type of marker, a comment marker, which would have the capability to store some text, which would be both tied to the waveform and visible in the panel, not only the tab editor below. I would use this constantly, mainly to get instructions from other editors about a certain spot in the program (ie, 'fix this edit', 'I stopped editing here', etc). Maybe some of this is in there already, I'm a new user....

Steve Rush

phaseboy

I'll second this one.

Postby phaseboy » Fri Nov 22, 2002 05:55

I totally agree. I'd use audio related markers far more than time based ones. But that's just me...

Best,

Mark

Grant Lyman

Postby Grant Lyman » Thu Feb 13, 2003 20:10

I want to add my vote for audio related markers that would move with the clip.

Pyromanic

agree

Postby Pyromanic » Fri Feb 14, 2003 10:10

Yep, I agree. And also the old not auto numbering version for unlogic marker sequenting...
best regards

Pyromanic

gabriel

Postby gabriel » Fri Feb 14, 2003 22:35

Thanks Frederik and Steve! Very old wishes. I never understood, how adding markers while recording or pre-editing could make sense, if you loose their (time-) information after editing.

Cheers
Gabriel