VAD 3.2 ON MacOS Ventura?

https://www.merging.com/products/interf ... aw#mac-o-s
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
If you need assistance please contact tech support.
88keys

VAD 3.2 ON MacOS Ventura?

Postby 88keys » Tue Nov 08, 2022 16:59

I have a MacBook Air M1 and am itching to upgrade to Ventura. Has anybody done the upgrade and had issues with VAD 3.2?

Chris-CA

Re: VAD 3.2 ON MacOS Ventura?

Postby Chris-CA » Tue Nov 15, 2022 18:54

88keys wrote:I have a MacBook Air M1 and am itching to upgrade to Ventura. Has anybody done the upgrade and had issues with VAD 3.2?

I upgraded and had some stuttering issues, but I know someone else who had zero issues. Could be configuration dependent.

antoszka

Re: VAD 3.2 ON MacOS Ventura?

Postby antoszka » Thu Dec 15, 2022 19:39

Chris-CA wrote:
88keys wrote:I have a MacBook Air M1 and am itching to upgrade to Ventura. Has anybody done the upgrade and had issues with VAD 3.2?

I upgraded and had some stuttering issues, but I know someone else who had zero issues. Could be configuration dependent.

I keep having extreme stuttering issues independent of the macOS version. But then, on another day, I don't.

I *do* have the old-school TB3->TB2 adapter, and the original Apple TB2 Ethernet adapter (which is one of the few recommended interfaces alongside the Sonnet AV 1gig eth).

I also have a dedicated audio LAN (not even a VLAN, but a physically separate network that most of the time only hosts my mac, my PC, my Anubis and sometimes my Hapi). This doesn't really seem to help against the stuttering issues. What seems to cause most trouble is playing out random system sounds (beeps, notifications and general multitasking) through the Ravenna device. So when I'm out recording on location I usually set the default "system out device" to the MBP speakers and mute that output.

This does not guarantee success, but helps.

As always with Ravenna, you just never know ;)