Best Way To Equalize Source Levels

Welcome to the MERGING+ANUBIS discussion forum.
Chris-CA

Best Way To Equalize Source Levels

Postby Chris-CA » Thu Nov 26, 2020 04:52

Hello, I'm using Anubis Premium for podcasting. I have a microphone in one input and use the DAW input to monitor audio from a Chrome browser app. I use the sum feature to monitor both my voice and the other person's voice. However, the DAW input is way louder than my voice.

Question: What's the best way to equalize these two levels when monitoring. I currently have the mic pre gain set to +20 dB and the DAW trim set to -20 dB, but I'm unsure if this is the best way to accomplish this equalization of levels.

pepe44

Re: Best Way To Equalize Source Levels

Postby pepe44 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 16:28

Turn off input monitor in the DAW for you voice, just listen to the direct monitor. Otherwise you´ll be listening two signals instead of just one. Is that the case ?

Chris-CA

Postby Chris-CA » Fri Nov 27, 2020 17:22

pepe44 wrote:Turn off input monitor in the DAW for you voice, just listen to the direct monitor. Otherwise you´ll be listening two signals instead of just one. Is that the case ?

Hi Pepe, thanks for the reply. Things brings up something I hadn't thought about (two inputs).

The level coming from the DAW is just much louder than the direct monitor, I don't believe I'm hearing double. If I was hearing double, I'm guessing the input from the DAW would be off by just a tiny bit and I'd hear an echo.

pepe44

Postby pepe44 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 20:23

It will depend on how you have your latency settings setup.
If it's very low (about 2ms) maybe you wouldn't notice.
That s my guess
Did you try disabling thev input monitor of your DAW for the vocal. Channel?

Ricardo Ryan
Site Admin

Postby Ricardo Ryan » Mon Feb 15, 2021 09:40

Hi,

The Trims in the Anubis Sources is the equivalent of a channel Fader. So this is what should be used to set a balance between various Sources to a Monitor Set.

As mentionned here is is also important not to Sum the direct input Mic with a DAW that would also receive also reveice the same Mic in its Mix->DAW.

Let us know the outcome.

Ricardo Ryan

Merging Technologies
Project & QA Manager
Anubis Co-Product Manager