iPad/iPhone control of volume wirelessly/remotely

Welcome to the MERGING+ANUBIS discussion forum.
halloweenman

iPad/iPhone control of volume wirelessly/remotely

Postby halloweenman » Sat Jul 22, 2023 15:23

I own Neumann MT 48 (based on Anubis) and have it connected to my MAcBook via USB cable. The MacBook is connected to the internet via wifi.

I can visit 169.254.231.7/MT48_music/index.html on MacBook and control MT 48 using web app.

I'd like to control the volume of MT 48 remotely and wirelessly from my listening position using iPad or iPhone.

When I visit 169.254.231.7/MT48_music/index.html on my iPad (connected to same wifi as MacBook) I get an error message stating "This site can't be reached".

Is it possible to control the volume of MT 48 remotely and wirelessly from my listening position using iPad or iPhone?

As per manual, I have tried connecting the MT 48 to my router via ethernet cable and I am able to connect wirelessly to MT 48 web app using my iPhone. However, this solution is no good to me as I am not able to have MT 48 permanently wired to my router.

I need a solution that enables my iPad/iPhone to access 169.254.231.7/MT48_music/index.html app when the MT 48 is connected only to my MacBook which is connected to home wifi. Surely this should be possible given MacBook and iPhone are connected to the same wifi.

Thanks for any help.