Anubis on macOS - Exlcusive Mode and direct ethernet connection to Macbook

Welcome to the MERGING+ANUBIS discussion forum.
Em2016

Anubis on macOS - Exlcusive Mode and direct ethernet connection to Macbook

Postby Em2016 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:57

Hi @support

Two questions.

1. When using macOS with Anubis, with an app that allows 'Exclusive Mode' audio (for example Tidal Desktop app), does this 'Exclusive Mode' mode option show? And automatic sample rate switching is supported?

Can someone show a similar screenshot with Anubis and Tidal Desktop app, exclusive mode selected?

2. If I'm on the road with Anubis - can I play direct from my Macbook direct to Anubis, using ethernet cable, without a network switch involved?

My Macbook features ethernet port.

Does it require advanced config on macOS or will the Macbook see Anubis soundcard directly with a direct ethernet cable connection to Anubis?

Thanks in advance

Graemme

Re: Anubis on macOS - Exlcusive Mode and direct ethernet connection to Macbook

Postby Graemme » Mon May 04, 2020 04:21

Hi,

If you actually want to reach support quickly, you should contact them directly: support@merging.com

Nothing wrong with posting here but it isn't the official 'support' portal.

Cheers,

Graemme
Graemme Brown
Zen Mastering
1460 Wild Rose Drive
Gabriola Island, BC
Canada V0R 1X5
+1.604.874.9096

"A Horus, A Horus; My Kingdom for a Horus!"

Ricardo Ryan
Site Admin

Postby Ricardo Ryan » Mon Jun 08, 2020 09:32

Hi,

You can connect the Anubis directly to your Mac Ethernet port and use it to monitor ou record.
But one thing important. Some of the most recent Mac come with a 10Gb Ethernet Adaptors that is not suppoted by the VAD today. Please consider in this case the use of an Apple or Belkin USB-C or Thunderbolt to ETH adapter.

(.p.s you can also set Anubis to Auto-Sampling rate mode or use ANEMAN and zones so taht all sampling rates follows).

Best Regards
Ricardo

Em2016

Postby Em2016 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 09:42

Ricardo Ryan wrote:Hi,

You can connect the Anubis directly to your Mac Ethernet port and use it to monitor ou record.
But one thing important. Some of the most recent Mac come with a 10Gb Ethernet Adaptors that is not suppoted by the VAD today. Please consider in this case the use of an Apple or Belkin USB-C or Thunderbolt to ETH adapter.

(.p.s you can also set Anubis to Auto-Sampling rate mode or use ANEMAN and zones so taht all sampling rates follows).

Best Regards
Ricardo

Thanks !