Talkback button behaviour request

Welcome to the MERGING+ANUBIS discussion forum.
klaukholm

Talkback button behaviour request

Postby klaukholm » Mon Jun 03, 2019 14:21

As far as I can tell, there is no way to program the talk button to behave as follows:

Quick tap latches, while holding puts it in non latching mode.
This is a somewhat useful and standard behaviour and I would request it be implemented if possible.

Nistov

Re: Talkback button behaviour request

Postby Nistov » Sat Jun 08, 2019 19:43

Not to disagree, but if so - make it optional. Auto-latching is a somewhat dreaded behavior and easy to overlook.
So if they decide to change it I would prefer the following options:
1 Non-latching
2 Latching
3 Auto-latching (the way you describe it)

klaukholm

Postby klaukholm » Wed Jun 12, 2019 16:14

Of course, make it programmable with options, but for professional classical production the current non latching just does not work for most producers.
A somewhat standard behaviour is expected as implemented by Stagetec, DoTec etc.

DJS

Postby DJS » Mon Jun 17, 2019 22:41

Yes I expect the default behaviour of hold to talk, release is off to be fixed in a firmware update. Comment privacy in a classical session is paramount.
David Spearritt
Classical and Acoustic Music, BNE, Australia

florian

Postby florian » Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:48

Thanks for your comments. I confirm that the next firmware update will includes the Talk button following options:

1 Non-latching
2 Latching
3 Auto-latching (will be the default)

Moreover we plan to make the Talk button blink in order to improve the "talking" visibility.

Merging Technologies

mpdonahue

Postby mpdonahue » Wed Jul 03, 2019 21:05

klaukholm wrote:Of course, make it programmable with options, but for professional classical production the current non latching just does not work for most producers.
A somewhat standard behaviour is expected as implemented by Stagetec, DoTec etc.

Coming late to the conversation seeing that Florian has already addressed it in the next software version...
The latching talkback thing must be a cultural thing in different places. I built both options into our custom talkback boxes and put the latching switch under a safety cap so it can not accidentally be engaged. In the last 25 years, only one producer has ever used it.... I've had many requests for foot switches and hand held switches (A pickle as we call it...) but only once for a latch.
As always, YMMV.
All the best,
-mark
Mark Donahue
Soundmirror, Inc.
Boston, MA
mark@soundmirror.com
www.soundmirror.com

Ricardo Ryan
Site Admin

Postby Ricardo Ryan » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:57

Hi Mark,

Latching is nice if a musician wants to intereact with the studio while playing with both hands (example, a guitar riff) for discussion and approval, in this case with anubis used for the talkback and foldback mix.
I' surprised that in Classical its not popular, I'd tend to imagine a producer writing notes on paper while having a discussion with the conductor, I guess that's where the Pedal comes in.

You certainly do not want to engage the talkback by accident.

Best,
Ricardo