low latency monitoring in recording

Official discussion forum for the Merging range of networkable converters
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
seedee701

low latency monitoring in recording

Postby seedee701 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 15:29

i'm new to HORUS / Ravenna

Just curious how you set up the standard low latency monitoring for headphone mixes of the musicians (studio-recording)?

is there a software solution when using MAC OS? (comparable to RME Total MIX e.g.)

i cannot seem to find it

pepe44

Re: low latency monitoring in recording

Postby pepe44 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 23:16

One thing i´ve learned from this forum is that there is no one to answer you, and when there is, they say " Check the merging confluence page" or "contact your local distribuitor"...its a very "poor" way of dealing with customers (imo) that spend a couple thounsands in merging software / hardware.
The other options that is normally addressed is "contact merging". I guess this forum is full of "air"..
Sorry i cant help you in hapi or horus, but in the anubis you can listen the input signal without passing in the DAW, so i guess that would be similiar to those hardware units.
Hope it helps in some way.

pepe44

Postby pepe44 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:14

One thing you can do is use the web page of the hapi (check what is your ip for the Hapi device and place that in your briwser) from there you can controlor all in/ out /routing.

studiosus

Postby studiosus » Fri Nov 27, 2020 18:34

There is no dsp mixer built in the horus and hapi. So no low latency monitoringmixing, like the rme totalmix. You can route an input directly to an output on you horus, but you will not be able to do a mix from diffrent channels to one output as there is no mixer dsp built in. For headphone mixes, you need to to a roundtrip to your computer (or some other digital mixer) If you want to record a lot of channels and doing headphone mixes on your computer, you need a pretty powerful machine.