Xeon - Not supported ?

Forum to discuss your Pyramix systems, motherboards, RAID arrays, graphic cards, laptops, etc..
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
Xymox

Xeon - Not supported ?

Postby Xymox » Fri May 31, 2024 05:00

So I looked the web site over for making my own PC for use with MassCore. I also talked to tech support about guidence for building a PC. Got all the Merging hardware and Pyramix system delivered and paid for.

The PC turned out to not be compatible because it used a Xeon processor. In my talks with tech support they mentioned I had to use Intel,, they never mentioned I had to use a "Consumer processor"...

So my whole PC build has to be tossed out and I start over.

This should REALLY be called out on the Merging web site..

This was really annoying.

The next question ends up being, EXACTLY what CPUs can be used ? Any MB compatible issues to know about ? BIOS requirements ?

charlienyc

Re: Xeon - Not supported ?

Postby charlienyc » Sun Jun 02, 2024 00:11

There's an entire support site with a subsection specific to computer hardware specifications: https://merging.atlassian.net/wiki/spac ... ifications.

You'll note some older hardware and operating systems listed in many cases, like graphics cards. This is because Merging thoroughly tests systems before adding hardware to the list. You can deviate from the list, but know that Merging Support will be reluctant or unwilling to support a PC build outside their specifications. On the upside, if you follow all of their recommendations, you can build some well-oiled machines running oodles of channels of IO without issue.
MassCore v14.0.5 Win10/64 i9-10900 & i9-11900K, Avid S3
3x Horus = 80 In/24 Out @PCM
Native V14 Win10/64 i7-12700K miniDSP UDIO-8, Avid S1 & nob controller
Native V14 Win10/64 ThinkPad P51 i7-7700HQ w/Hapi