PMX and Genex

Welcome to the Pyramix MassCore discussion forum.
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
Silas

PMX and Genex

Postby Silas » Thu Feb 12, 2004 17:04

Hi All,

Can anyone confirm that PMX can directly read and manipulate files recorded on a GX9000?

Thanks,
Silas

Grant Lyman

Postby Grant Lyman » Thu Feb 12, 2004 18:05

I can confirm that files recorded on Genex are able to be imported into Pyramix via AES31, I use this function daily. Currently there is no way to import the cue point file in Genex along with the associated sound file. This means that all takes, cues, notes ect generated during a Genex recording timeline are NOT brought into the Pyramix EDL. I have been told that Pyramix is working with Genex on a solution to these issues.

Silas

Postby Silas » Thu Feb 12, 2004 21:01

Hi Grant,

Many thanks! Would you care to share your thoughts on how the GX9000 works overall as a location recorder / partner to Pyramix?

Best Wishes,
Silas

Grant Lyman

Postby Grant Lyman » Fri Feb 13, 2004 07:21

I work with the GX9048, which has a few features that are different from the 9000 (ie. no internal mixer or headphone jack, but more tracks). Overall the Genex has been very stable and works great for location or studio work. Currently the 9048 requires the use of a PC in order to monitor input levels, but a hardware controller is near. I have found Genex to be very responsive to user input and software development has been rapid. As I mentioned cue point file import is really needed and hopefully it will arrive soon. :wink:

soundaround

Genex/9000/PMX

Postby soundaround » Fri Feb 13, 2004 21:22

Silas,

We now own 2 9000s and they function quite nicely. We are doing all our base recordings in DSD and making a PCM conversion along the way. i understnad from Kevin Brown that the next software release expected soon will allow for a DSD to PCM conversion internally within the 9000. I hope to work within PMX in DSD someday but since I use a O2R96 as my studio mixer and System 6000, as you do, plus a couple of outboard processors form time to time I have not taken the time yet to work out editing in a PMX-DSD project----converting it out to PCM and back in, plus the monitoring issues. So, I have had to make the decision in the meantime to make a conversion to PCM as early as possible and work in the PCM digital domain until I get time to work out the other way of doing it.

Feel free to contact me privately at jgauntt@rta.org or 404-295-1698 to discuss Genex related issues further

Jim