Plextor Premium 52/32/52 problems

Welcome to the Pyramix MassCore discussion forum.
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
BrianRichards

Plextor Premium 52/32/52 problems

Postby BrianRichards » Thu Jan 15, 2004 06:32

I can only burn at 8X (with reliable results) using this burner. Any ideas? There's a Plextor utility that can adjust the strength of the laser, could Discwrite be confused with this parameter?
Thanks, Brian

Steve

re: Plex Premium

Postby Steve » Fri Jan 16, 2004 19:40

Hi Brian

I've installed 2 Plextor Premiums in 2 of our Pmix systems w/no problems. I just removed the crappy burners that came w/our Dells and replaced them w/the Plextors and they worked right off the bat. I did not install the Plextor Utilities yet, however. Have you checked the 'Settings' in the Discwrite window? You can specify the burn speed there.

Good luck,
Steve

Silas

Postby Silas » Sat Jan 17, 2004 02:32

Hi Brian,

We also have two Premiums working fine here up to 52x. Could you tell us more about your system? What do you mean by "reliable results"? Are you getting rejects at higher speeds or audio glitches....?

Best Wishes,
Silas