noise reduction options... on a budget?

Welcome to the Pyramix MassCore discussion forum.
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
charlienyc

noise reduction options... on a budget?

Postby charlienyc » Fri Oct 19, 2007 21:36

i'm looking for software (plug-in or standalone) that can take care of transient noises like coughs, mouth noises and such, but want to avoid the cost of Algorithmix reNOVAtor. how do easyreNOVAtor, full NOVA and, say, iZotope Rx compare?

i understand i would have to first render files to use Rx, but that's not a problem if it is a better option otherwise. some colleagues at the convention said it sounds incredible. word on the street is there is an all-month-long AES promotion which saves you $150. 8)

any thoughts?
cheers,
-c

charlienyc

minor note

Postby charlienyc » Fri Oct 19, 2007 21:51

upon further inspection, the $150 off only applies to the non-Advanced version :(
i'm assuming the Advanced would be the best option to compete with NOVA. again, any thoughts would be most appreciated!
cheers,
-c

Steve

Postby Steve » Sat Oct 20, 2007 00:21

Hi,
Some folks on the Sonic list were giving Izotope RX some pretty good recommendations, and I believe a couple of listers called it a 'no brainer'. Nobody compared the 2 versions, which I'm curious about also. The demo files on izotope's website are pretty nice, at least through my pc's soundcard. In addition to more advanced controls on the DN side of things, the advanced version gives you Izotope's dithering and SRC too. If you get any more info please let us know!

Cheers,
Steve

Thomas Grubb

Postby Thomas Grubb » Sun Oct 21, 2007 07:33

Hi Charlie,

There has been quite a lot of talk on the Samplitude site as well about Izotope RX. Considering you get their high-quality dither and SRC in the Advanced version, it certainly sounds like a great deal!

Of course the integration of the Algorithmix/Cedar plugins is a great time-saver in PMX, but as you don't mind bouncing (though you might have to exit PMX or use a 2nd audio card), I'd check it out.

Cheers,
Tom
Thomas Grubb
manomusica.com
Melbourne

huub

Postby huub » Sun Oct 21, 2007 09:27

soundtrack 2 is actually pretty awesome; it has the 'spectral eraser' that RX also has and really good noise printing..
Huub lelieveld
Senior audio engineer
United outside broadcast
Euro Media Group
Hilversum, Netherlands

PMX v8.1
Mykerinos X-30 D, Triple DC MADIO-2 Optical Madi

Bernhard Guettler

Postby Bernhard Guettler » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:22

Hi all,

Izotope RX looks promising,thank you for bringing it to my attention. The website talks about the release of plug-ins, so the software can be used within the DAW. Is Pyramix in their planning as well I wonder?

Also do you know if it can handle multitrack like Renovator or in the standalone at least surround 5.1? The presentation only shows stereo files.

Best
B.

charlienyc

responses

Postby charlienyc » Tue Oct 23, 2007 18:27

thanks everyone for your responses!

Bernhard Guettler wrote:Hi all,

Izotope RX looks promising,thank you for bringing it to my attention. The website talks about the release of plug-ins, so the software can be used within the DAW. Is Pyramix in their planning as well I wonder?

Also do you know if it can handle multitrack like Renovator or in the standalone at least surround 5.1? The presentation only shows stereo files.

i'm not sure what the multichannel capabilities are. for my purposes, it would be mostly removing noises from mono tracks or stereo mixes.

another helpful pyramixer :lol: pm'd me with the suggestion of using adobe audition daw, which has capabilities in-line with that of NOVA. looks like i have some downloading & further research to do!

cheers,
-c