Pyramix LTC out problem?

Welcome to the Pyramix MassCore discussion forum.
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
lgabiot

Pyramix LTC out problem?

Postby lgabiot » Fri Mar 09, 2007 07:17

Hello,

While trying to slave another machine to Pyramix LTC out, I observed often a chasing error of e few frame.

I was wondering of course if it was the machine wich had a problem to chase, or if the LTC sent was wrong...

So I did a test: I recorded an LTC out signal, and played back in Pyramix thru the Monitor jack out.
Then I had no more chasing error!

So I went to the conclusion that Pyramix LTC out is not reliable.

Could it be confirmed, and if yes, fixed?

Best regards,

Laurent.

Ricardo Ryan
Site Admin

Postby Ricardo Ryan » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:38

Hi Laurent,

Can you tell us about your config.

What Version?
Do you use a Mykerinos PCI Express X-30?
Do you use a Merging AV case system with MTCHIO?
Did you enabled the playback stall checkbox in all Settings?

Thanks,
Ricardo

Merging Technologies

lgabiot

Postby lgabiot » Fri Mar 09, 2007 19:39

Hello,

the tested config:

Myk MB1
Pyramix 5.1.8-130 (will be changed to the "good sp1" today...)
No merging AV case
Playback stalls enabled.

Best regards,

Laurent.

bodo.biber

Re: Pyramix LTC out problem?

Postby bodo.biber » Sun Mar 11, 2007 15:45

Hello Laurent,

some time ago I had similar problems with LTC communication. I had a Sequenzer running as slave to Pyramix, that fed the LTC into the MIDI-Interface of the sequqnzer-computer. I always had periodical drop outs during timecode reading. In order to see what happens I recorded the LTC-Signal onto an audio track. The signal seemed to be o.k. So I fed this audio signal into the Interface and was not surprosed to find it working without problems. Then I realized that it could be a matter of signal level. I set the SMPTE-Generator in Pyramix to a higher output level and all problems were gone....

I just post this in case you have not checked levels yet.

Good luck,
best regards,

Rainer