v5 Naming CD Image File

Welcome to the Pyramix MassCore discussion forum.
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
sonicjones

v5 Naming CD Image File

Postby sonicjones » Fri Mar 03, 2006 21:30

Greetings folks,

For the most part I'm finding v5 to be a big step forward in many regards. However, I'm having a bit of bother naming CD image files.

When one generates a CD image, where does the file get its name and are there any limitations to the legal characters in the name or the number of characters in the name?

Thank-you!
-Bruce

Graemme

Re: v5 Naming CD Image File

Postby Graemme » Sat Mar 04, 2006 01:39

Hi Bruce,

I'm not in front of Pyramix at the moment:

The top right hand corner of the "Generate CD Image" window has three fields

1.) type of image (used for DSD/SACD)
2.) name of image (type it in)
3.) image location (type it in or hit the "..." button to browse)

I use underscores and hyphens in Windows file names all of the time, but things like '\' and '@' can get you in real trouble. In OS9 and earlier, I think you could use just about anything...the same is not true in Windows.

As far as the length goes, I often use the following syntax with no problems:

"ArtistName"_"Title"_"Catalogue #"_"Revision #"_"Date YMD"_"Comment".pmi

I don't know about absolute values, but

"CoreaGaddMcBride_SuperTrioLiveAtOneWorldTheatre_UMJ2202-2_Rev1_20060303_CD-Text OK.pmi"

is fine, for instance.

Hope this helps a bit...

Graemme

sonicjones wrote:Greetings folks,
For the most part I'm finding v5 to be a big step forward in many regards. However, I'm having a bit of bother naming CD image files.

When one generates a CD image, where does the file get its name and are there any limitations to the legal characters in the name or the number of characters in the name?

Thank-you!
Graemme Brown
Zen Mastering
1460 Wild Rose Drive
Gabriola Island, BC
Canada V0R 1X5
+1.604.874.9096

"A Horus, A Horus; My Kingdom for a Horus!"

sonicjones

Postby sonicjones » Mon Mar 06, 2006 17:29

Thanks, Graemme. Of course that's where I should have been looking. I guess having to create a "New Disc" in the CD/SACD tab before adding PQ marks in the project threw me off into thinking that PMX would get the info from that tab. No wonder.

Now that that's settled, I'm having trouble getting the CD image file to the correct folder. Even though I've browsed and selected the desired destination in the Generate Image File Window three times, PMX insists on putting the image file in C:\PmxMedia.

Yep. It's a Monday.

Best,
-Bruce