Waves Plugs

Welcome to the Pyramix MassCore discussion forum.
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
Geo

Waves Plugs

Postby Geo » Mon May 09, 2005 17:54

Does the likes of Waves L3 Maximiser work in Pyramix? Waves claims they dont support Pyramix.

Silas

Postby Silas » Mon May 09, 2005 19:06

Hi Geo,

I have not tried the L3 in particular but I do have a Platinum bundle and the Restoration Suite (V4.0, L1 and L2 work fine). All of the plugins that can process in real time work fine here (on strips only of course). Some of the time stretch / pitch shift plugs in the Transform bundle do not work in their offline processing modes but their realtime features work. Also delay compensation is completely your responsibility when it comes to the Host plugins in PMX.
Waves has told me that PMX is not on the official supported list because they have not fully tested it. FWIW every Dx realtime plugin I have tried has worked with PMX except a Sonalksis demo (maybe user error...).

Best,
Silas

Graemme

Postby Graemme » Mon May 09, 2005 19:31

Hi there,

L3 works fine here...even if BusTools does sound better (unless you feel the need to 'crush' something...)

I've just finished 'demoing' the Sonalksis plug-ins - worked fine.

Best,

Graemme

Silas wrote:Hi Geo,

I have not tried the L3 in particular but I do have a Platinum bundle and the Restoration Suite (V4.0, L1 and L2 work fine). All of the plugins that can process in real time work fine here (on strips only of course). Some of the time stretch / pitch shift plugs in the Transform bundle do not work in their offline processing modes but their realtime features work. Also delay compensation is completely your responsibility when it comes to the Host plugins in PMX.
Waves has told me that PMX is not on the official supported list because they have not fully tested it. FWIW every Dx realtime plugin I have tried has worked with PMX except a Sonalksis demo (maybe user error...).

Best,
Silas
Graemme Brown
Zen Mastering
1460 Wild Rose Drive
Gabriola Island, BC
Canada V0R 1X5
+1.604.874.9096

"A Horus, A Horus; My Kingdom for a Horus!"

Geo

Postby Geo » Mon May 09, 2005 19:58

Really... I guess I was intrigued with the multiband aspect of L3.

Old Sadie

Postby Old Sadie » Thu May 26, 2005 12:35

I downloaded the Waves demos and they make my system crash. The VST or DX chooser bypasses them and then crashes. I have reported this to Merging a couple of weeks ago (email and phone calls), but have as yet had no reponse.

Graemme

Postby Graemme » Thu May 26, 2005 17:54

The problem is the Waves installer and copy protection scheme. I have no problems running Waves, Sonalksis and Algorithmix Direct-X plug-ins within Pyramix. If you are interested, send me a private e-mail and I'll tell you how I avoid the Waves installer weirdness.

Some people's computers install the Waves plug-ins easily, some don't. I once spent an entire day on the 'phone with Waves tech support, trying to get one plug-in to install correctly.

Best,

Graemme

Old Sadie wrote:I downloaded the Waves demos and they make my system crash. The VST or DX chooser bypasses them and then crashes. I have reported this to Merging a couple of weeks ago (email and phone calls), but have as yet had no reponse.
Graemme Brown
Zen Mastering
1460 Wild Rose Drive
Gabriola Island, BC
Canada V0R 1X5
+1.604.874.9096

"A Horus, A Horus; My Kingdom for a Horus!"