CD Import

Welcome to the Pyramix MassCore discussion forum.
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
tim lofts

CD Import

Postby tim lofts » Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:41

I thought I'd posted this topic before so apologies if this question is familiar!

I keep having problems importing tracks from CD's. It doesn't seem to matter where the CD originates, it can be a shop purchased disc, library music disc, or disc from a composer.

I go through the normal import process, read the TOC, tick which tracks I want to import and away it goes. Some times it works perfectly, other times the imprt page just closes down and nothing has been imported, other times the system crashes and needs a re-boot.

There is nothing obvious, and the only way round this is playing the track in in real time.

Any clues?

ChrisDomaille

Postby ChrisDomaille » Wed Jan 05, 2005 16:20

I've had similar but not consistant issues.

It's not really a solution, but as a workaround you can use CDEX which is a CD ripper. Rip as Wav's and then sample rate convert. One advantage is that it access' the CDDB which then will name all of your commercial tracks for you.

Chris

Geo

Postby Geo » Wed Jan 05, 2005 18:14

Works on both our systems fine. Use it all the time. I guess I would try a reinstall.

If you are using Plextor drive you have and can use PlexTools that works well and imports it as a .wav. I had to use it for a while when I had a Plextor External drive PMX didn't recognize. New version fixed that though.