Clip trimming

Welcome to the Pyramix MassCore discussion forum.
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
tim lofts

Clip trimming

Postby tim lofts » Mon Dec 20, 2004 14:09

Is there a way of simple trimming the front and end of clips instead of dragging with a mouse. In an ideal world I'd like to be able to select/highlight a clip, then have a shortcut function to trim the in and out points of the clip similar in the way that the 'nudge clip' function works.

Tim

avenueaudio

Postby avenueaudio » Thu Jan 06, 2005 18:51

Tim

We wrote a Macro to do just what you said.

1. Place play head where you would like the clip trimed to.

"macro"
1. Split clip
2. jump to head of previos clip
3. select clip under play head
4. delete
5. Jump to head of next clip

That is the basic macro for this. We also wrote one for the tail. we are old failrlight users so top and tail was easy for us, but once this macro was written it is now as fast as the Fairlight was in regards to topping and tailing clips.

Good Luck,
Thanks,
Avenue Audio
www.avenueaudio.com

tim lofts

Postby tim lofts » Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:57

Cheers guys for the reply but I think I may not have explained myself properly.

I don't actually want to move the position of the clip in the time line, but maintain its sync position, and move the in and out points of the clip, so effectively coming in or out of the clip earlier or later.

Ideally I'd like to do this just by clicking on the clip to highlight it, and trimming the start and end points with a simple trim front and trim end function.........regardless of where the play head/cursor is on the time line.

regards

Tim

avenueaudio

Postby avenueaudio » Fri Jan 07, 2005 20:23

Hi again tim,

The above macro does not change the position of the clip on the time line. It however does Trim the start and end time of clips. We use it to clean up voice takes that are cut to picture but we do not want to affect it's time to picture.

Good luck
Thanks,

Avenue Audio

www.avenueaudio.com