Auto-Scale Waveform, different scales per clip ?

Welcome to the Pyramix MassCore discussion forum.
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
Kees de Visser

Auto-Scale Waveform, different scales per clip ?

Postby Kees de Visser » Wed Oct 18, 2006 16:45

When I use Auto-Scale Wavevorm (in order to conveniently display low-level sounds) it appears that every single clip is scaled individually. This causes the waveform of some very low level clips, like room-tone, to be blown up out of proportion.
Is this normal behaviour, is it a bug, or have I overlooked a setting in the preferences ?

Kees de Visser
Galaxy Classics

Silas

Postby Silas » Wed Oct 18, 2006 19:47

I believe that this is where Auto-scaling has gotten so far. IOW, it is normal and I agree that it is largely useless as it currently stands. I think correcting this is in the queue but I wouldn't guess where :wink:

Best,
Silas

Professor

Re: Auto-Scale Waveform, different scales per clip ?

Postby Professor » Wed Oct 18, 2006 21:37

Kees de Visser wrote:
Is this normal behaviour, is it a bug, or have I overlooked a setting in the preferences ?

It's old bug. Auto Scaling must scale all visible clips proportional, not every clip individually.
Andrey Subbotin

Steve

Re: Auto-Scale Waveform, different scales per clip ?

Postby Steve » Wed Oct 18, 2006 23:37

Professor wrote:
Kees de Visser wrote:

It's old bug. Auto Scaling must scale all visible clips proportional, not every clip individually.

Bug or intended behavior, it drives me crazy that this is going on. I do a lot of audiobook editing/mastering and with all the edited room tone in my projects using 'autoscale' makes it really hard to see what's going on, and I find myself toggling back and forth between waveform scalings quite a bit. This is another item I really miss from Sonic. Merging, can you consider autoscaling waveform to media instead of individual clips?

Thanks,
Steve

Ricardo Ryan
Site Admin

Postby Ricardo Ryan » Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:49

Hi all,

This issue/improvement is already present in our Database, known as MT000787. We'll raise the priority for it.

Do some of you want to keep the current behavior and in addition have a Global auto-scale option? Or we should simply change the behavior to Global auto-scale, that's all.

Thanks,
Ricardo

Merging Technologies

Kees de Visser

Postby Kees de Visser » Fri Oct 20, 2006 13:08

Ricardo Ryan wrote:Hi all,

This issue/improvement is already present in our Database, known as MT000787. We'll raise the priority for it.

Good news, thank you !

Do some of you want to keep the current behavior and in addition have a Global auto-scale option? Or we should simply change the behavior to Global auto-scale, that's all.

I'd vote for a "Global auto-scale" only since I don't like the current behaviour and wouldn't use if it were an option. But that's probably because I don't see any benefits in using the current behaviour. Anyone who does ?
On the other hand, amongst the myriads of Pyramix options, one more wouldn't harm, would it ? :)

Paul duGre

Postby Paul duGre » Mon Oct 23, 2006 03:26

I Love the old behavior!

Steve

Postby Steve » Mon Oct 23, 2006 07:39

Hi Ricardo,

This is great news! I'm with Kees in that I can't see a use for the current behavior but I have no objection to having it as an option.

Regards,
Steve

Kees de Visser wrote:
Ricardo Ryan wrote:Hi all,

Good news, thank you !

I'd vote for a "Global auto-scale" only since I don't like the current behaviour and wouldn't use if it were an option. But that's probably because I don't see any benefits in using the current behaviour. Anyone who does ?
On the other hand, amongst the myriads of Pyramix options, one more wouldn't harm, would it ? :)

Ricardo Ryan
Site Admin

Postby Ricardo Ryan » Mon Oct 23, 2006 09:25

Thanks all,

We'll implement the new behavior and try to keep the old one too.

Regards,
Ricardo

Merging Technologies