Project creation and mount/save

Welcome to the Pyramix MassCore discussion forum.
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
sonicjones

Project creation and mount/save

Postby sonicjones » Thu Mar 30, 2006 20:46

Greetings,

When creating a new project, one is asked to navigate to mount a destination. After having mounted the destination, one is asked to re-navigate to that same darn destination in order to save. WTF? If I didn't want to save the project in the folder I mounted, why the **** would I mount it in the first place? This is very tedious!!!

Thank-you,
-Bruce

Silas

Postby Silas » Fri Mar 31, 2006 01:59

This drives me nuts too. I always get diverted to the templates folder because I created the project from one - after mounting the actual destination folder...

-S

sonicjones

Postby sonicjones » Fri Mar 31, 2006 03:41

Exactly, Silas. I don't know if it's the OS or PMX, but there are a couple of places where this type of behavior presents. Another is "Generate CD/SACD Image". I've reported previously that it persistently saves the image file in the Pyramix Media Folder on the 'C' drive when I repeatedly navigate to our SAN volumes. All this little stuff adds-up to a very long day.

Best,
-Bruce

Graemme

Postby Graemme » Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:33

sonicjones wrote:All this little stuff adds-up to a very long day.

Amen!

It is possible to have the folder navigation behave more appropriately...Sadie have been doing it since the mid 1990's.

In Pyramix, the new project 'wizard' should have a tab or subwindow where you select the template that you want to use.

This would do exactly what we need with the fewest mouse-clicks:

Name/Location/Template...and you're working!

This then should 'autofill' the name of the 'Project Default Folder' (from the 'Settings' window) so that, BY DEFAULT, all audio created goes into this folder and it 'relates' to the so-named new functions in the 'Media' menu.

The CD Image - again by default - should also be written to this folder.

The 'Project info' should also reflect the project name and not just the stored info from the template.

Archiving/file management gets easier...
Less-grumpy users...
A REAL step towards a more sensible user interface...
I'll find something else to complain about...

If you agree/disagree or have something better, let's hear it...

Best Regards,

Graemme
Graemme Brown
Zen Mastering
1460 Wild Rose Drive
Gabriola Island, BC
Canada V0R 1X5
+1.604.874.9096

"A Horus, A Horus; My Kingdom for a Horus!"

doctor

Postby doctor » Fri Mar 31, 2006 16:54

Hi

I know this has been asked many many times to Merging ...... ( specifically concerning the templates problem) , it's unbearable.

" We don't have time for it"

Grrrr !!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

Jerome

maikol

Postby maikol » Fri Mar 31, 2006 22:26

count me on the list!!!

:x

maikol