PMX v5 Media Manager Broken

Welcome to the Pyramix MassCore discussion forum.
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
sonicjones

PMX v5 Media Manager Broken

Postby sonicjones » Wed Feb 01, 2006 21:03

Greetings,

Media Manager and PMX in general still stubbornly-refuses to recognize BWF or AIFF files even when the operating system itself can identify them properly. Refresh doesn't heelp. Media Browser doesn't work either. What's the deal?

In a tool of this level of sofistication, this should not be an issue.

Fix it please!
-Bruce

sonicjones

Postby sonicjones » Wed Feb 01, 2006 21:06

Pardon my spelling. I meant "sophistication".
-Bruce

Roland Clarke

Postby Roland Clarke » Wed Feb 01, 2006 21:33

I originally had trouble mounting some aiff files in media manager (ver 5.012) and found that you have to unmount the drive and remount but from one folder level up from where I had the files stored on the drive.

Regards

Roland :)

Silas

Postby Silas » Wed Feb 01, 2006 21:44

I've also noticed that newly added files in the top folder often will just not exist in MM. Sub folders will show everything but...

Only unmounting and then re-mounting the main folder works as Roland said.

Best,
Silas

sonicjones

Postby sonicjones » Wed Feb 01, 2006 23:08

Thanks! I closed the project and PMX and reopened. This worked.

Best,
-Bruce

Julian Gough

Postby Julian Gough » Tue Feb 07, 2006 20:28

sonicjones wrote:Thanks! I closed the project and PMX and reopened. This worked.

Though you are right Bruce, this should not be an issue.

I rendered a file to BWAV several times. It didn't appear on the Media Manager so I assumed it had failed and tried again. It was only when I looked at the directory via Windows did I find all the files sitting there.

Julian