UAD-1, VST Problems!

Welcome to the Pyramix MassCore discussion forum.
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
John Mayfield

UAD-1, VST Problems!

Postby John Mayfield » Sun Jan 08, 2006 20:42

Hi all,

I've been using the Universal Audio UAD-1 Ultra Pak (PCI Card) Plug-In system (DirectX format, vs 3.9) for many months now with great success. I recently downloaded the latest software update (vs 4.1) from UA and find that they no longer support DirectX and have opted for VST only.

Upon installing the new software and going through the standard VST chooser in Pyramix, the UA plugs are brought up as usual, but no signal is passed through them. In addition, the few non-UA VST plugs I had, became inoperable as well. Support at UA gave up and said they had no experience with Pyramix and offered no help.

Is anyone out there using the UAD-1 system and have you updated to this new 4.1 VST only update?

(I'm still on PM 4.3, waiting for 5.0 to settle down.)

Thanks,

John Mayfield
Mayfield Mastering
Nashville, TN

Pierre-André Aebischer

Postby Pierre-André Aebischer » Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:44

Hi John,

Support of UAD-1 and Powercore, over VST, has been rebuilt from scratch in V5.

For compatibility in V4.3 of Pyramix, I think you can try to revert to previous UAD version supporting Dx. It should be possible.

Kind regards

John Mayfield

Postby John Mayfield » Mon Jan 09, 2006 17:06

Yes, that's what I had to do and thanks for the info!

John M