Need to grok the Shortcuts and Macros editors etc.

Welcome to the Pyramix MassCore discussion forum.
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
sonicjones

Need to grok the Shortcuts and Macros editors etc.

Postby sonicjones » Fri Sep 02, 2005 19:51

Where to begin?...

When I started working on this Pyramix 3 months ago, there seemed to be some Sonic Solution type shortcuts and macros loaded and I added a couple myself. Of course there were others working as well besides the Sonic imitations. I exported the keyboard shortcuts and Macro table to my desktop in case they got trashed when experimenting with the editors or doing maintenance. Somehow, during experimentation, some of my keyboard shortcuts are not working as before; even though I've imported the exported files from my desktop. Further, when I edit a shortcut in a project, that shortcut is not working; even though it is clearly displayed as assigned in the editor. Even further, the only way to know which set is loaded, I assume, is by examining which shortcuts are in the display. There is no indication that the Sonic Solutions set (for instance ) is loaded other than the fact that I can see several recognizable commands or by trying them in pmx.

I'm done fiddling with this. I need to understand the hows, wheres, whens and whys of shortcut/macro creation, loading, exporting and importing. I need to know where these macros and shortcuts are stored. I need to know which sets are loaded and when. I need to know if they are loaded according to the project or globally in pmx. I need an interface that makes sense. Please don't send me to the "manual". Don't send me your macros. Been there. Been collecting bits off the forum as well, but I need to know so I can get back to work. Thank-you!
-Bruce

tim lofts

Postby tim lofts » Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:53

I apologise if this is a really stupid suggestion, but I had exactly this sort of problem when I was first using Pyramix. Make sure you've got the 'number lock' and 'function lock' keys activated on your keyboard. This affects the ways the function keys operate.

sonicjones

Postby sonicjones » Mon Sep 05, 2005 23:06

Not at all, Tim. Thanks!!!! I did finally discover which set of shortcuts and macros were loaded by trial and error. Things are back to "normal" now, but it would be good to know how and when different sets are loaded; whether globally or on a project or template basis. Right now, global shortcuts makes sense to me so I doesn't have to think about them.

Best,
-Bruce

NICK LOWE

Postby NICK LOWE » Thu Sep 15, 2005 09:09

What does 'grok' mean? It sounds like a good word!

Graemme

Postby Graemme » Thu Sep 15, 2005 09:40

grok = understand, more or less. I think it began with sci-fi writer Ray Bradbury, but my memory has a mind of it's own...

Graemme
Graemme Brown
Zen Mastering
1460 Wild Rose Drive
Gabriola Island, BC
Canada V0R 1X5
+1.604.874.9096

"A Horus, A Horus; My Kingdom for a Horus!"

sonicjones

Postby sonicjones » Thu Sep 15, 2005 14:36

It was Robert Heinlein in "Stranger in a Strange Land" that coined the Martian word "grok", (literally, "to drink" but used in the context of intimate knowledge such that one becomes part of the "known").

A little OT, but a very good read!

Best,
-Bruce