No waveform on pmf. Can't generate. Not permissions problem.

Welcome to the Pyramix MassCore discussion forum.
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
sonicjones

No waveform on pmf. Can't generate. Not permissions problem.

Postby sonicjones » Mon Jun 27, 2005 15:37

Greetings,

Using v4.3.2 to record 96k/24bit pmf files typically 1.5GB in size. This particular file did not produce a waveform after recording through the mixer with one mono strip, one mono mix and no processing. Just straight record. Could not generate waveform afterwards manually nor could I force a waveform. This is not a permissions problem as I checked the properties. WTF?

sonicjones

additional info

Postby sonicjones » Mon Jun 27, 2005 15:57

Pardon the self-reply, but this may be significant. I can view a waveform when zoomed-in to ~00:01:25:00 in the project track view, but not when zoomed-out further than that. In addition, there is no .pk file associated with the .pmf file in the folder/list views.

Thank-you for any insight you might provide.

Mike Hatch

Missing Waveform

Postby Mike Hatch » Mon Jun 27, 2005 17:08

Hi there

Sometimes "refreshing" the drive can fix this problem. If not, then you can always render the material and that should make a new file correctly so you can delete the other one.

Best wishes

Mike Hatch

sonicjones

Postby sonicjones » Mon Jun 27, 2005 17:53

Thanks, Mike. Rendering did the trick.

Best,
-Bruce

Steve

Postby Steve » Mon Jun 27, 2005 20:30

Hi,
I often have waveform generation problems on my Pyramix, running 4.3.5sp3 at the moment. I find this works: quit and reboot Pyramix, open the project w/the sound file in it, then select 'yes' on the 'some files are missing waveforms, do you want to generate the missing waveforms?' dialogue box. I generally record 44.1 24 bit bwf files, not sure if it has happened w/pmf files or not. Sometimes I have to throw away the pk file and do the reboot trick.....is this a bug? Are others having this issue?

Steve

Graemme

Re: additional info

Postby Graemme » Mon Jun 27, 2005 22:07

Hi there,

If you can see a waveform at all, then there is a .pk file somewhere.

I see this problem much less frequently when I have automatic waveform creation turned off., but it still hasn't gone away entirely.

Best,

Graemme

sonicjones wrote:Pardon the self-reply, but this may be significant. I can view a waveform when zoomed-in to ~00:01:25:00 in the project track view, but not when zoomed-out further than that. In addition, there is no .pk file associated with the .pmf file in the folder/list views.

Thank-you for any insight you might provide.
Graemme Brown
Zen Mastering
1460 Wild Rose Drive
Gabriola Island, BC
Canada V0R 1X5
+1.604.874.9096

"A Horus, A Horus; My Kingdom for a Horus!"