Waves Direct X latency issue

Welcome to the Pyramix MassCore discussion forum.
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
Steve

Waves Direct X latency issue

Postby Steve » Sun Aug 29, 2004 08:58

Hi folks

I'm experiencing a large latency when I use Waves Direct X plugins on Pyramix. The channels w/the plugins on them do not play back in sync with the channels that don't have Waves on them. I've got 'enable delay compensation' checked on the mixer settings, and I've scoured the Pyramix manual (v4.2.6) but can't find the answer to this problem.... Am I missing something here? One way around this seems to be to put the plugins on each channel and have them set to neutral on the channels I don't want processing on, but this is a bit clumsy. Or, do I have to manually delay all the other channels? If so, is there a standard amount that applies to all Waves plugins? Any input appreciated!

Thanks,
Steve

Professor

Postby Professor » Sun Aug 29, 2004 09:59

I've got 'enable delay compensation' checked on the mixer settings,

It works only for Pyramix own plug-ins, and don't works for DX and VST.

Or, do I have to manually delay all the other channels?

This is only workaround...

If so, is there a standard amount that applies to all Waves plugins?

No, every plug-in has it's own delay time. I remember I saw "delay times table" on Waves site, but I recommend recheck delay times for every new application.
Andrey Subbotin

benoit

Postby benoit » Sun Aug 29, 2004 11:11

...which ones are you using?
I don't notice any big problems with the most of them - besides the mastering ones, pitch-shift and such.

benoit
hochschule der künste bern
musik & medienkunst / studioleitung
www.hkb.bfh.ch

arf

Postby arf » Sun Aug 29, 2004 18:38

There are rumours that dirX latency compensation will be part of V5. I've been testing the new Algorithmix Linear Phase EQ plug-ins (in 4.2.6) and they are on par with the best mastering EQ hardware devices available. They work at sample rates all the way up to DXD (8Fs.) Being able to use these without latency worries in Pyramix will be a phenomenal boost in sound quality.

Steve

Postby Steve » Sun Aug 29, 2004 19:36

[quote="benoit"]...which ones are you using?
I don't notice any big problems with the most of them - besides the mastering ones, pitch-shift and such.

Benoit,
Really? So far I've noticed it with linear multiband compressor and linear eq broadband mono. If I have a stereo pair on channels 1 and 2, put one of these on each channel, then bypass one of them, the audio is way out of sync. Are you on v4.2.6 like me? If this doesn't happen for you, can you think of where I might be going wrong?

Thanks for the input guys. I think for now I have to put the same plug on all strips.....

Steve

benoit

Postby benoit » Sun Aug 29, 2004 23:26

"So far I've noticed it with linear multiband compressor and linear eq broadband mono"

...that's what I said, they are part of the mastering bundle.

benoit
hochschule der künste bern

musik & medienkunst / studioleitung

www.hkb.bfh.ch

Steve

Postby Steve » Tue Aug 31, 2004 01:27

Benoit,

Thanks, I figured this out right after I emailed you. I switched to renaissance plugs and all is well now!

Cheers,
Steve