Setting default fades

Welcome to the Pyramix MassCore discussion forum.
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
StephenMarsh

Setting default fades

Postby StephenMarsh » Thu Apr 27, 2017 19:42

I've read section 9 of the manual, dug through all the windows and menus yet I cannot figure out how the re-assign the default fade curves. I like a 'power' fade as much as the next fellow but, it's also the curve I probably use the least.

Surely there's a way.........can anybody school me on this?

thanks--Steph

fl

Re: Setting default fades

Postby fl » Fri Apr 28, 2017 14:44

You have to set it up, and then save as Default, in the Crossfade Editor. There are also a couple of settings that need to be enabled in the main Edit menu, and in the All Settings > Application > Editing, under the heading "Fade Editor".

Set up your fade the way you like it, then over on the right side of the Editor window, you'll see some headings: X Presets, Out Presets and In Presets. Under each one, there is an entry for "Save Preset > Click for Options", where you can Save as "Default". This means that you can set up a different Default shape and duration for each of the X, Out and In fades.

These apply all over Pyramix, not just in the Crossfade Editor Tab/Window, so if you right click on a Clip on a Track, you can apply your Default to by clicking "Fade In" or "Fade Out" and then "Fade In (or Out) Default".

Your default Crossfade will be used whenever you do an S-D edit, or simply paste a new Clip onto the end of an already exiting Clip in the Timeline. For this to work, you must enable "Auto Crossfade" in the main Edit Menu, as well as enable "Apply Default Fade at New Fade Creation" enabled in the All Settings > Application > Editing > Fade Editor.

Now, however you wish to apply a fade (X, In or Out), you'll have the option to apply your Default shape and duration, or just the Default shape.
Frank Lockwood, Toronto, ON, Canada
http://LockwoodARS.com
• Pyramix Native 11.1.6
• Mac Mini 6.2 (3rd Gen. Quadcore i7) - Bootcamp 6.0.6136 - Win10 Pro SP1 64 v1809
• RME Fireface 800 ASIO driver 3.125 or ASIO4All 2.15

StephenMarsh

Postby StephenMarsh » Fri May 05, 2017 17:16

Thanks Frank.

Yes - I've tried setting new default through the fade edit window and it doesn't seem to 'stick' - the memory locations have the same issue. Dennis and I actually noticed the issue with memory locations last time he was down here and that may be corrected in 10.2 already (I'm still on 10.1.4 as the specter of audible CPU load noise terrifies me).

Maybe I need to set them and then save the template again?

fl

Postby fl » Fri May 05, 2017 19:09

StephenMarsh wrote:I'm still on 10.1.4 as the specter of audible CPU load noise terrifies me

I'm running 10.2 Native, and haven't noticed any additional load on my CPU (i7 from 2012), if that helps. One thing I do get is a red, flashing in the "CPU Load" indicator at the bottom of the main window. Since what's flashing is usually somewhere between 0 and 3%, I don't see the cause of the fuss, and generally a mouse click on the indicator restores it to a healthy green.

Maybe I need to set them and then save the template again?

I suppose it wouldn't hurt, but I always thought that Default Crossfade was something that was stored as a Universal setting, rather than something which changes from Project to Project. As I'm happy with my Default settings, I haven't really explored this beyond being able to set 'em and forget 'em.
Frank Lockwood, Toronto, ON, Canada
http://LockwoodARS.com
• Pyramix Native 11.1.6
• Mac Mini 6.2 (3rd Gen. Quadcore i7) - Bootcamp 6.0.6136 - Win10 Pro SP1 64 v1809
• RME Fireface 800 ASIO driver 3.125 or ASIO4All 2.15