Need some editing help.

Welcome to the Pyramix MassCore discussion forum.
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
Geo

Need some editing help.

Postby Geo » Wed Aug 20, 2003 23:38

I recorded 3 tracks at once, stereo music and a voice. Well I have to start somewhere. When I try to edit the voice track on track 3 both 1+2 edit with it. Is there a way to edit this track individually?

DougA

Postby DougA » Thu Aug 21, 2003 01:47

If I rember correctly, You hold "shift" and select what is under the cursor.

DougA

Postby DougA » Thu Aug 21, 2003 01:49

Before I get blasted, I meant to spell "remember"! (it's been a long day)

Steve

grouping and ungrouping

Postby Steve » Thu Aug 21, 2003 02:28

Hi

I'm not in front of my Pyramix right now but I think the best way to do what you need would be to ungroup the tracks. Make sure all are selected and then press 'control-u' on your keyboard. They will now edit independently of each other. You might then want to shift-click on the two music tracks, making sure they are both highlighted, then hit 'control-g' to group the stereo tracks together, so that you can edit those together.

Steve

Geo

Postby Geo » Thu Aug 21, 2003 20:49

Thanks Steve that works. Sorry I am switching over from Sonic and there is more here to get me in trouble.

Now I am in another mess. I can't drag a clip onto another track only horizontaly within it's track. Any Ideas?

Steve

Postby Steve » Thu Aug 21, 2003 23:39

I don't know what would stop you from dragging a clip to another track, I'm pretty sure I've always been able to do this. Try this: select your clip and then hold the 'd' key down and drag the clip to another track. If you do the same thing while holding the 'f' key down the selected clip will (on my machine) land in the track you drag it to in sync with where it came from. If you can't do any of these you could always cut and paste the clip.

Good luck, I switched from Sonic too...

-Steve