Monitoring Other Applications with Mykerinos

Welcome to the Pyramix MassCore discussion forum.
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
Adler

Monitoring Other Applications with Mykerinos

Postby Adler » Wed Aug 11, 2010 20:06

Hello all,

I will be testing the trial edition of Adobe Audition 3 for some of its noise reduction and time stretching capabilities. How do I route the stereo output of a third party application to the Mykerinos card for monitoring purposes. I just can't seem to get my head wrapped around it.

Any input would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris
Chris Adler
Mindtree Studios

Graemme

Re: Monitoring Other Applications with Mykerinos

Postby Graemme » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:35

Hi Chris,

When you install Audition and set it up to work in ASIO mode, you'll see "ASIO Mykerinos" as one of the driver choices. This is all you need. However, prepare be seriously underwhelmed by the performance of the Mykerinos ASIO driver...

Another way to use the Mykerinos would be the "MT ASIO Bridge" system. Here you are using virtual patch cables between Audition and Pyramix. This will likely perform better than the above suggestion (understatement of the year...) and lets you run the two apps simultaneously. This "MT ASIO Bridge" will also show up as a driver option in Audition's ASIO driver list. You must enable "MT ASIO Bridge" in the VS3 setup control panel.

There's more in the maual on page 194.

Graemme
Graemme Brown
Zen Mastering
1460 Wild Rose Drive
Gabriola Island, BC
Canada V0R 1X5
+1.604.874.9096

"A Horus, A Horus; My Kingdom for a Horus!"

Adler

Re: Monitoring Other Applications with Mykerinos

Postby Adler » Thu Aug 12, 2010 15:28