Solera and Delays in Audio Playback

Welcome to the Pyramix MassCore discussion forum.
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
Adler

Solera and Delays in Audio Playback

Postby Adler » Sat Feb 23, 2008 03:51

Hello everyone,

I have been demoing Solera and am quite impressed with the sound quality. However, when I apply it to more than one mixer strip at a time the audio falls out of sync unless the attack times are identical. Am I missing something?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris
Chris Adler
Mindtree Studios

tweakin

Postby tweakin » Sat Feb 23, 2008 03:56

Hi Adler,

I asked Gael Martinet a few questions regarding the Flux plugins yesterday and he said;

'our VST version are really well working on Pyramix 6 (some of our customer are already using it) and are DXD and multi-channel capable; The only difference is that it will add a little latency in the system. It's exactly why we are working with Merging on this new format which should be an extension of VST with Masscore support for realtime operation.
A cross grade will also be possible from the VST to that new format.'

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
ant

Graemme

Postby Graemme » Sat Feb 23, 2008 06:47

Hi Chris,

The lookahead delay time (called 'delay' in Solera) is why you are experiencing the track to track sync problem. Setting the delay parameter to 'manual' helps (you'd set all instances of Solera the same way), but this delay functions as part of the attack algorithm, so it will affect the sound.

Using the VST version of Solera in Pyramix V6 shows that there are 512 samples of latency which Pmx V6 can easily compensate for.

As noted by Mr. Ant, the Masscore version will be the way to go (when it's available, that is...)

Best,

Graemme
Graemme Brown
Zen Mastering
1460 Wild Rose Drive
Gabriola Island, BC
Canada V0R 1X5
+1.604.874.9096

"A Horus, A Horus; My Kingdom for a Horus!"