CD image to wav conversion

Welcome to the Pyramix MassCore discussion forum.
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
johndsadams

Postby johndsadams » Tue Sep 18, 2007 06:55

Hi,

I was wondering what the most efficient way is to convert a pmi or DDPi source to individual wav files (one interleaved wav per CD track).

Thanks!

-John

Roland Clarke

Postby Roland Clarke » Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:24

If I am understanding you correctly, if it is a pmi that you originally created the simplist solution is to go back to the original file and render each track out as a wave. The only other alternative is too read back the DDP image and then render out from that.

Regards

Roland

Cedric Caron
Site Admin

Postby Cedric Caron » Wed Sep 19, 2007 13:26

Just rename your .pmi file .wav and you have converted your image

Graemme

Postby Graemme » Thu Sep 20, 2007 05:19

Cedric Caron wrote:Just rename your .pmi file .wav and you have converted your image

Hi Cedric,

That's not what he's asking for. The original poster needs to create individual files, where each file's boundaries are the PQ start/stop markers from the CD image.

There is no way to do this within Pyramix or DiscWrite. Currently, you'd have to create a DDP v2 with individual .DAT files and then rename them in WaveLab, so that a proper RIFF-WAV header is created.

The ability to create files from a CD Image would be much easier if we could actually import the image back into Pyramix. Also, I believe a feature request for being able to create WAV files from a CD image is already in the enhancement database.

Ideally, it would be an addition to the mix-down paradigm - "Create individual files based on PQ markers" and it would use CD-Text to name the files. But, I wouldn't mind one bit if it was done in DiscWrite, as this will become an even more important delivery format in the near-future.

Graemme
Graemme Brown
Zen Mastering
1460 Wild Rose Drive
Gabriola Island, BC
Canada V0R 1X5
+1.604.874.9096

"A Horus, A Horus; My Kingdom for a Horus!"

Old Sadie

Postby Old Sadie » Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:40

Hi Graemme,

But, I wouldn't mind one bit if it was done in DiscWrite, as this will become an even more important delivery format in the near-future.

Do we take this to mean that DiscWrite will be made available as a seperately distributable free programme so that we can FTP pmi files to clients together with a DiscWrite run time for them to burn their own CDRs?

Jon

Paul duGre

Postby Paul duGre » Thu Sep 20, 2007 19:47

Hello Gentlemen!
If I understand this right, it's what I have to do every day, when I create a .PMI in my system witch is 4.3 still, I will take the .PMI file put it in the same timeline (in Pyramix) that created it, I press the roller in the center of the mouse to select the clip between start markers, then render that selected clip into a wave file, this works great and it's so easy.

You stay Classy!
Paul du Gre