QT player issues

Welcome to the Pyramix MassCore discussion forum.
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
maikol

QT player issues

Postby maikol » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:52

Hello everybody,

I was wondering if we were the only ones to have unreliable behaviours from QT player.

Here during an editing session one has to kill it and relaunch it very often because it freezes, and even before it freezes it's never playing smoothly.

Considering the (unbelievable! even if i know there are licence fees to be paid...) price to pay to be just able to play QT files in sync with pmx, i would have expected some more reliable behaviour!

It does not really look good to the session payers...

Is it only here, or does anyone else have those problems?

cheers

Michael

doctor

Postby doctor » Fri Apr 27, 2007 18:16

Hi maikol, :wink:

Sorry, but I never use quicktime player because of:

- The price
- Quicktime don't work really well on windows ( unstable, no overlay .... )

You should just get a key for quicktime pro, so you can export your QT files as AVI and use them with DS video player, which is much more solid....

Maybe you can have a look on "quicktime alternative", but I didn't test it myself

See you soon ( for a beer by edward and son ?? :lol: )

Jerome

maikol

Postby maikol » Fri Apr 27, 2007 19:40

See you soon ( for a beer by edward and son ?? Laughing )

:lol:

Yes that was funny to meet you there!

Thanks for your answer Jerome...

I'm currently using QT alternative (i swapped to it hoping that QT player would work better... :roll: ), and AFAIK it doesn't do the conversion to AVI.

You're probably right, I should get QT pro, using DS player is really better (I even managed to make it work with ffdshow to post process the video flow and boost the picture quality! upscaling and sharpening power! 8) :D )

But hell, i paid more than 450€ (8O) for that QT player key, why is it so unusable??? :x

cheers
M.

doctor

Postby doctor » Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:16

But hell, i paid more than 450€ (Shocked) for that QT player key, why is it so unusable??? Mad

Don't know, but at least it should be a free option. But you surely know that there are some others keys at merging which don't worth some hundred of dollars ( It seems to me that you tried PT5 import.... :wink: )

Talk soon,

Jerome

maikol

Postby maikol » Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:54

Well, at least PT5 import worked pretty well for me, even if it was too expensive... :)

cheers Jerome!