Shift key modifier problem with envelope nodes

Pyramix Native users forum
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
Robin Hawkins

Shift key modifier problem with envelope nodes

Postby Robin Hawkins » Fri Sep 11, 2020 17:23

Hi,

I've just upgraded to PMX12 and I've run into a little issue which I'd appreciate any thoughts or an answer on! I'm running it on a Lenovo E580 laptop.

The problem:

When using the shift key modifier for fine adjustment (+/-0.1db) of clip gain nodes in the envelope display, as soon as I move the mouse up or down to make a fine adjustment the mouse flies off to the edge of my screen in an instant taking with it the node and messing up the clip gain envelope. This happens every time and so I can't make any fine adjustment of the nodes. I am able to move the nodes up and down without the shift key but obviously this is a much courser setting and not fine enough for what I need.

I have no problem using the shift key as a modifier when using it for other functions like moving the Mark In point along the time line.

Many thanks in advance for any help!

charlienyc

Re: Shift key modifier problem with envelope nodes

Postby charlienyc » Fri Sep 11, 2020 19:09

I just tried this with the same result. I'm on a Lenovo Laptop too, though I doubt that's the issue. Even when dragging down, the envelope jumps up to +12dB. Have you emailed support yet?
MassCore v14.0.5 Win10/64 i9-10900 & i9-11900K, Avid S3
3x Horus = 80 In/24 Out @PCM
Native V14 Win10/64 i7-12700K miniDSP UDIO-8, Avid S1 & nob controller
Native V14 Win10/64 ThinkPad P51 i7-7700HQ w/Hapi

Robin Hawkins

Postby Robin Hawkins » Fri Sep 11, 2020 19:12

Glad to hear it's not just me. Yes I have been in touch with eMerging here in the UK who are chasing it up with MT. I'll post when I have a response!

Thanks.

Robin Hawkins

Postby Robin Hawkins » Tue Sep 15, 2020 14:17

Update from eMerging:

[It's already been reported before (PMX110-182) and the fine tuning of envelope points by shifting click has been disabled after user requests in PMX12. To do envelope fine tuning one must use Envelope Punch. The QA are going to update the manual for PMX12 which still includes the Shift modifier options for fine tuning.]

StephenMarsh

Postby StephenMarsh » Fri Sep 18, 2020 16:44

There are messages on this forum noting this issue all the way back to 2013 - I guess they gave up trying to fix it.

Can anyone explain how one would use 'envelope punch' to make fine envelope adjustments?

Thank you

fl

Postby fl » Fri Sep 18, 2020 19:18

Stephen,

If you're running Pyramix 25th Anniversary, take a look in the manual in Chapter 5, page 116. Other versions of the manual will have the same information very close to this location.

The short answer is to Select the section of a Clip, or Clips that you want to adjust, and type CTRL+P. A pop-up window will appear where you can adjust the amount of gain change, with a resolution of 1/10th of a dB, along with the duration of fades at either end of the modified Selection, in ms.

That section of the manual describes several different ways of applying Clip Gain modifications, so it's worth a read through to find which method you prefer. Note that Clip Gain takes place BEFORE the signal is sent from the Track to the Mixer - it is NOT the same as Automation, or Fader moves, which take place IN the mixer. Clip Gain is a little like the Trim control at the top of a mixer strip on a traditional analog (hardware) mixer.
Frank Lockwood, Toronto, ON, Canada
http://LockwoodARS.com
• Pyramix Native 11.1.6
• Mac Mini 6.2 (3rd Gen. Quadcore i7) - Bootcamp 6.0.6136 - Win10 Pro SP1 64 v1809
• RME Fireface 800 ASIO driver 3.125 or ASIO4All 2.15

StephenMarsh

Postby StephenMarsh » Mon Sep 28, 2020 22:15

Thanks Frank - I never knew that was called envelope punch - but yes - that's I've been doing - just wish the I could make 1/10th dB in the edl, same as .5 dB.

Clearly - I'm alone here...and as a former sonic user, I can accept that!