Odd clip/fade error happening

Welcome to the Pyramix MassCore discussion forum.
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
draudio2u

Odd clip/fade error happening

Postby draudio2u » Fri May 17, 2019 22:02

Hello,
PMX 11.1.5 on WIndows 10pro. Opened up edl was working on but today as I edit, if I create a cut in the wav file, the file slips. if I select a wav file to see the next edit in fader editor window, only one side shows. Also noticed a few times what looks like a file under the file at the start of track... This was not happening yesterday. Anyone see this? DId one of my preferences accidentally get switched? Thank you.

draudio2u

Re: Odd clip/fade error happening

Postby draudio2u » Fri May 17, 2019 22:23

I have also noticed that all my edits are slipping randomly -fades are no longer linked in position but split. When I open a backup version from the previous day, they are fine, so this must be something new to today. It seems as soon as I work on the edl, everything moves. Anyone see this before?

fl

Re: Odd clip/fade error happening

Postby fl » Sat May 18, 2019 00:14

Two guesses:

It sounds like you may have inadvertently enabled the Snap function, which is found way down at the bottom of the main window's Edit menu. If your cursor or Clips are snapping to the nearest frame boundary, for example - that's not exactly sample accurate, and you can wind up with tiny gaps between where you THINK things are, and where they are actually located.

Or...,

I assume that you are editing using the In and Out Gates for Source-Destination editing. When you position the In and Out Gates in the Source Track Group, the same sized area will be created automatically in the Destination, with the In Gate remaining where you last left it.

If, during the work you did on the previous edit, you shortened either the Out or the In Clips, this means that the end of the last Clip will be moved slightly to the left, but the In Gate will not move with it. You can wind up with a tiny gap between the end of the most recently added Clip and the In Gate, and thus, when you add a new Clip to the assembly, it will not be butted up against the previous Clip. This could explain your "loose" edits.

This bugged me so much that I wrote a Macro to position the Destination Group's In Gate to precisely the end of the assembled Clips. Make sure you've selected the first Track in the Destination Group before you use this.

Two steps:
Cursor and Marks: Cursor to End of Selected Track
Cursor and Marks: Gate In to Cursor

I gave this Macro a Keyboard Shortcut ( Ctrl., [ ), so it's become a habit to just hit this whenever I've finished finessing the edit in the Fade Editor.
Frank Lockwood, Toronto, ON, Canada
http://LockwoodARS.com
• Pyramix Native
• Mac Mini 6.2 (Quadcore i7) - Bootcamp 5.1.5621 - Win7 Pro SP1 64
• HP 7100 Mini-tower - Win10 Pro 64 1809
• RME Fireface 800 ASIO driver 3.125 or ASIO4All 2.13