PC AudioLabs verses Apple MacBook Pro

Welcome to the Pyramix MassCore discussion forum.
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!

PC AudioLabs verses Apple MacBook Pro

Postby draudio2u » Mon Sep 17, 2018 23:28

Hello,
Building a new remote laptop and am down to two options:
PC AudioLabs MC7s or new Apple MacBookPro running in Bootcamp (probably will never see Apple OS boot).
My main concern is third party driver conflicts that steel CPU even if just for a moment. Dennis and I discovered reason my current rig could not run Ravenna successfully is because the third party trackpad/mouse driver would spike the CPU every 8 minutes or so causing failure with Ravenna. This computer should have been find being a Dell Precision 4600 workstation, but no means of fixing this issue as I have the latest drivers installed and can't work without trackpad and mouse. This has kept me from moving from RME UFX+ interface to the Hapi.

So before I pull the trigger, anyone have experience they want to share? Thank you.
draudio2u

Re: PC AudioLabs verses Apple MacBook Pro

Postby draudio2u » Fri Sep 21, 2018 21:50

...no one does remotes...?
draudio2u

Re: PC AudioLabs verses Apple MacBook Pro

Postby Thomas Grubb » Sat Sep 22, 2018 09:32

I’ve recently bought a 2015 15 inch MBP recommended on the Merging list - once the tweaks were done and the card-reader removed from the configuration, it ran with no spikes and very low latency. My previous 2015 13 inch MBP was fine with Windows 8.1, but I couldn’t get it 100% stable with Win10 (99.9%, even with the tweaks!). Recording onto a Thunderbolt LaCie or USB3 SSD.

I don’t know about the current MBP machines, but hopefully they are better with no card reader. I’ve also never heard the fan with either machine.

Cheers,
Tom
Thomas Grubb
manomusica.com
Melbourne
Thomas Grubb

Return to Pyramix General