11.1.4 - Unable to acquire enough play streams

Pyramix Native users forum
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
phaseboy

11.1.4 - Unable to acquire enough play streams

Postby phaseboy » Mon Aug 27, 2018 01:06

Hello all,

Just updated to 11.1.4 and am having issues with 192kHz projects that ran fine previously and now do not appear to read the media from disk even though the transport is running.

I am getting the following error message "Unable to acquire enough play streams. So, it will be not possible to audition a media in the Media Manager." (Which oddly enough is in an alert window with the title "ReDithering").

Has anyone else seen this error before?

Thanks,

Mark

PS: I am running Win 7 with the appropriate updates, and I did uninstall the previous version (11.0) and run the merging clean-up utility before installing. This message occurs with multiple audio interfaces including asio4all.

PPS: I have uninstalled and reinstalled the previous 11.0.6 and everything works as expected.
Mark S. Willsher
http://www.pin3hot.com

fl

Re: 11.1.4 - Unable to acquire enough play streams

Postby fl » Mon Aug 27, 2018 15:03

Mark,

It chokes the Media Manager's Trimmer, but what about when you put them into tracks on the Timeline? Still no joy?

What's the state of MS updates to your Win7 installation. Recently there have been some patches for Spectre/Meltdown, which reduce processor capability. You can turn these fixes on and off with GRC's "Inspectre" utility (requires a system restart).
https://www.grc.com/inspectre.htm

The "Redithering" indication suggests that perhaps you have real-time SRC engaged, and the Media Manager is unable to cobble together a mix of your multi-track sources AND sample-rate convert (if indeed they are at a rate different from the Project's SR), in the buffer time available. Have you tried increasing the amount of Latency in your ASIO controls? In Pyramix's Max Mixer Delay Compensation (Settings > Project > Mixer), or tried any of the Core Power Saving options?

Maybe you've discovered a bug in the new version, since there have been changes to more closely align Pyramix to Atmos requirements.

Must be a heck of a lot of tracks...
Frank Lockwood, Toronto, ON, Canada
http://LockwoodARS.com
• Pyramix Native 11.1.6
• Mac Mini 6.2 (3rd Gen. Quadcore i7) - Bootcamp 6.0.6136 - Win10 Pro SP1 64 v1809
• RME Fireface 800 ASIO driver 3.125 or ASIO4All 2.15

phaseboy

Postby phaseboy » Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:25

Hi Frank,

This is in the timeline sadly, and I have tried with and without these windows updates and no happiness.
SRC is disabled and I have tried all variation of latency and buffer size, core saving etc...

I'm trying to find out from Merging what exception(s) causes the error I am seeing, but no luck so far.
Project is 50 tracks, but even stripping it down to two I still have the same problem.

I have a feeling this will resolve itself when I replace my aging prism unit with a Hapi later this year... :)

Mark

<Warning Rant! - On a side note - unless merging partners with dolby to communicate directly to the native renderer and RMU it is useless for ATMOS production. IMO development time would be better spent elsewhere.>
Mark S. Willsher

Ricardo Ryan
Site Admin

Postby Ricardo Ryan » Sat Sep 01, 2018 09:25

Hi Mark and Frank,

We've managed to reproduce your "Not Enough Stream" regression issue with the Native Pack andhave been looking into it. I was hoping for a solution this week but we did not manage for solve this yet.

Despite this if you want to run the v11.1 and avoid this problem we can issue a key that will prevent this from happening. Note that we also plan to re-think the Tracks to Mixer connections/limitations, we will look into this as well at the beginning of the week.

As for the ReDithering error message this one is misleading we'll try to avoid this confusing message box title error.

Sorry for the inconvenience

Best Regards,

Ricardo
Merging Technologies

BecauseImHappi

Postby BecauseImHappi » Wed Sep 05, 2018 00:14

Something similar happened to me, but with worse consequences.

I have updated to 11.1.4 and everything was great, but then I have opened older 192 kHz project and got the same "Unable to acquire enough play streams." message with some chinese glyphs in the title box.

Since then, I was unable to connect my Hapi to ANY DAW (not just Pyramix - my HAPI also doesn't work with Sequoia and Studio One now, it basically doesnt work at all), even when I switch back to lower sample rates. I have tried reinstalling Pyramix and Ravenna ASIO drivers, have tried force uninstall with MT Cleanup utility, have tried various different DAWs, but I'm still unable to connect the HAPI to the ASIO host - just one half of the arrow is green in Easy Connect, no matter what I do.

EDIT: My HAPI is up and running again, it was probably my mistake, unrelated to the "Unable to acquire enough play streams" issue.

Sincerely,
Jakub

phaseboy

Postby phaseboy » Thu Sep 06, 2018 01:02

Thanks so much for the update Ricardo.

Mark
Mark S. Willsher

ljudatervinning

Postby ljudatervinning » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:59

I haven't updated yet to the latest version yet.
Is it safe to update, or does this effect track count for all users?
Pyramix Pro 25th / Ravenna MAD
win10 Pro 1909 / Nvidia RTX 3080, 4 monitors
win10 Pro 1909 / Lenovo P50, 4K

JohanHLind

Postby JohanHLind » Fri Sep 07, 2018 14:22

I have the same problem with exactly that message, trying to set up a 96khz project.
Looking forward to a solution (I’m beginner in PMX, this being my first post here)
Johan, Sweden

mjbennett

Postby mjbennett » Wed Sep 26, 2018 17:34

Any update on this issue?
eMerging UK advice is to downgrade awaiting an update. Quite a few weeks have passed....
Thanks,
Matthew

fl

Postby fl » Wed Sep 26, 2018 18:22

During communications with Merging Support, I was told that version 11.1.5 would be released before the end of the month. Perhaps one of the beta testers could comment on whether this issue is addressed in the new version.
Frank Lockwood, Toronto, ON, Canada
http://LockwoodARS.com
• Pyramix Native 11.1.6
• Mac Mini 6.2 (3rd Gen. Quadcore i7) - Bootcamp 6.0.6136 - Win10 Pro SP1 64 v1809
• RME Fireface 800 ASIO driver 3.125 or ASIO4All 2.15

Ricardo Ryan
Site Admin

Postby Ricardo Ryan » Tue Oct 02, 2018 22:03

Hi,

The Pyramix v11.1.5 released today addresses this issue.

Best REgards,
Ricardo

Mark Lemaire

Postby Mark Lemaire » Wed Oct 10, 2018 00:18

I am upgrading my PMX system for the first time in quite a while. I just received vers 11.1.4 on a USB stick. After reading this thread, looks like I should get 11.1.5 and not even bother with 11.1.4? I'd rather not install this if it's just trouble.
Mark Lemaire
RubatoRecording.com
Audiophile recording of your music. Anywhere. Anytime.

mpdonahue

Postby mpdonahue » Wed Oct 10, 2018 01:10

Mark Lemaire wrote:I am upgrading my PMX system for the first time in quite a while. I just received vers 11.1.4 on a USB stick. After reading this thread, looks like I should get 11.1.5 and not even bother with 11.1.4? I'd rather not install this if it's just trouble.

Yes, Skip 11.1.4.
All the best,
-mark
Mark Donahue
Soundmirror, Inc.
Boston, MA
mark@soundmirror.com
www.soundmirror.com

Mark Lemaire

Postby Mark Lemaire » Wed Oct 10, 2018 01:37

Thanks, Mark, for the prompt advice. I will get in touch with Dennis at Independent and make sure I get the 'bug-free' 11.1.5 version.
Mark Lemaire

RubatoRecording.com

Audiophile recording of your music. Anywhere. Anytime.