Reasons Rendering(ZTX) does not work

Welcome to the Pyramix MassCore discussion forum.
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
ljudatervinning

Reasons Rendering(ZTX) does not work

Postby ljudatervinning » Sat Aug 25, 2018 18:04

I am having a hard time using ZTX Pro via the Render function.
A lot of times, it make Pyramix crash before loading the ZTX pannel.
I want to time stretch a part with 32 tracks, several minutes long. Some tracks with wave files, some with pmf. Not always continuous clips between marks.

What known settings/combinations are there to avoid?
Pyramix Pro 25th / Ravenna MAD
win10 Pro 1909 / Nvidia RTX 3080, 4 monitors
win10 Pro 1909 / Lenovo P50, 4K

fl

Re: Reasons Rendering(ZTX) does not work

Postby fl » Mon Aug 27, 2018 15:09

I think it's possible that both the number of tracks and the length of time you wish to process are exceeding what the basic ZTX Pro license can provide. What happens if you select either fewer tracks at at time, or a shorter duration? You may just have to do this job in batches...
Frank Lockwood, Toronto, ON, Canada
http://LockwoodARS.com
• Pyramix Native 11.1.6
• Mac Mini 6.2 (3rd Gen. Quadcore i7) - Bootcamp 6.0.6136 - Win10 Pro SP1 64 v1809
• RME Fireface 800 ASIO driver 3.125 or ASIO4All 2.15

ljudatervinning

Postby ljudatervinning » Thu Aug 30, 2018 13:03

Thanks!
I tried shorter passages, and it seem to work.
Is there another version av ZTX Pro? I can not find any documentation it is limited.
I don’t expect Pyramix to crash, if too large, either.
Is the Render function improved in 11.1? (I don’t dare to upgrade in the middle of a project)
Also, it would save a lot of pain if it was possible to overwrite an existing file, or at least check before rendering.
Last edited by ljudatervinning on Thu Aug 30, 2018 14:56, edited 1 time in total.

fl

Postby fl » Thu Aug 30, 2018 14:56

As far as I know, ZTX doesn't overwrite any audio files - it creates new ones. You can ensure this by choosing (and mounting) a different file destination for the Rendered files, when you set things up in the Render window. Generally speaking, Pyramix is designed to preserve the integrity of audio files, and normally will not allow any type of file overwriting from a File Save operation. The only non-recoverable file operation I can think of at the moment, is when you Delete a media file from the Media Manager - and there you get a confirmation pop-up just to make sure. In my experience, when you try to overwrite a file by insisting on using the same file name (with no unique identifier code appended to it), Pyramix will crash.

According to the Zynaptic website - https://www.zynaptiq.com/ztx/ztx-versions/ - ZTX Pro is their top of the line product. On that same webpage, they show no upper limit to the number of tracks ZTX Pro can process, but they stipulate: "Actual number of channels depends on the amount of memory available on a given platform."

You may wish to contact them directly to find out about the practical upper limits of tracks and simultaneous file types that you can manage with your system. https://www.zynaptiq.com/support/support-form/
• Pyramix Native 11.1.6
• Mac Mini 6.2 (3rd Gen. Quadcore i7) - Bootcamp 6.0.6136 - Win10 Pro SP1 64 v1809

ljudatervinning

Postby ljudatervinning » Thu Aug 30, 2018 17:15

I was a bit unclear regarding saving files. Pyramix does indeed not overwrite any files, but I find it only checks for existing files after the rendering process. It would be better if it checked for existing filenames before starting the Rendering process. The unique filenames kind of works technically, but it in practice it is not easy to identify versions later with the very long numbers.

Thank you for the info regarding ZTX. I might look into this later. It would be nice if there were some kind of serialisation of the processes, if resources are too low.

charlienyc

Postby charlienyc » Thu Aug 30, 2018 17:48

ljudatervinning wrote:...it in practice it is not easy to identify versions later with the very long numbers.

The Media Manager and the timestamp on each file can help you here. I unfortunately have crashes/freezing when I'm using reNOVAtor via render. I've found that I can recover my work by sorting the media files by timecode. Then I can use the place command and put them back exactly where they were, only losing the clip I was working on at the point of the crash.

In your case, just sort by Creation Date in the Media Manager. Then it should be easy to determine what's what, rather than looking at the file name itself.

Cheers
MassCore v14.0.5 Win10/64 i9-10900 & i9-11900K, Avid S3
3x Horus = 80 In/24 Out @PCM
Native V14 Win10/64 i7-12700K miniDSP UDIO-8, Avid S1 & nob controller
Native V14 Win10/64 ThinkPad P51 i7-7700HQ w/Hapi

fl

Postby fl » Thu Aug 30, 2018 17:56

ljudatervinning wrote:The unique filenames kind of works technically, but it in practice it is not easy to identify versions later with the very long numbers.

I'm not in front of Pyramix right now, but I believe that in the Render window, you are offered the chance to make additions to the about-to-be Rendered File names, such that they will have the text of your choosing appended, to their names. You could add something like " - ZTXed" to their names, and that will be displayed on top of them in the Pyramix Timeline (whereas the unique identifier number will not).

Another method is to designate a different File Folder to receive the ZTXed files resulting from the Render - how about a name like "ZTXed Files"? If you set that in the main Render window, the new folder will be Mounted automatically to your Media Manager, and after it's finished, the processed files it contains will be available just as in any other mounted folder.

I use either or both of these methods when I need to avoid confusion as to which files have been processed externally (usually, in my case, with Izotope RX), and the originals. In the heat of battle, you're quite right - it's easy to become confused, especially when you don't have visual feedback indicating exactly which files are which.
• Pyramix Native 11.1.6

ljudatervinning

Postby ljudatervinning » Tue Sep 04, 2018 15:42

Just to report what work around I used, in case anybody else comes across the same problem.

Use Mark in and Mark out to define the region to be processed.
Rendered all files in the region using "none" as process. (if you need to make all clips the same length)
Then calculate the changes. I created an Excel-sheet to quickly calculate the speed change ratio, and get a new clip length/end.
Place the cursor att the new calculated end, and use EDIT -> Stretch.
Make a cup of coffee, or two.