Mix Down tweak for next PMX version -Users will love it!

Self-explained! ;-)
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
serial461

Mix Down tweak for next PMX version -Users will love it!

Postby serial461 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 17:39

Hi,

Could you consider one tweak in a future upgrade? When you open the mixdown window could the MIX DOWN NAME text be the same as when you last opened it and also the RECORD option and MIX SOURCES selection.

I can't be the only one hearing something and aborting the process all the time... - Many thanks

Larry Elliott

Re: Mix Down tweak for next PMX version -Users will love it!

Postby Larry Elliott » Thu Mar 08, 2018 22:15

Yes Please!

fl

Postby fl » Fri Mar 09, 2018 17:07

Gets my vote.

Either that, or allow access to the Mixer for changes while the Mix Down window remains open. I understand that this can't be provided once the "Mix Down" button is clicked and the whole process begins, but up until that point, being able to make changes to the Mixer without having to Abort and close the window would spare wasted time and self-recrimination - I usually realize I have (or have not) enabled Dither, or that I need to tweak some plug-in or something equally trivial (yet crucial), only after I've called the Mix Down window.
Frank Lockwood, Toronto, ON, Canada
http://LockwoodARS.com
• Pyramix Native 11.1.6
• Mac Mini 6.2 (3rd Gen. Quadcore i7) - Bootcamp 6.0.6136 - Win10 Pro SP1 64 v1809
• RME Fireface 800 ASIO driver 3.125 or ASIO4All 2.15

mpdonahue

Postby mpdonahue » Fri Mar 09, 2018 20:30

Basically you want it to behave like the Generate CD Image/SACD Master dialog....
I have to admit that it would be great to be able to adjust mixer parameters without going out of the mix/create CD dialog. (Setting dither is the big one. V11.1 and the new delivery scheme should make all this moot...in theory :wink:
All the best,
-mark
Mark Donahue
Soundmirror, Inc.
Boston, MA
mark@soundmirror.com
www.soundmirror.com

charly van rest

Postby charly van rest » Sun Jun 17, 2018 18:11

Yes very good tweak.
Folder, Format and Wordlength it will remenber but the MixDown Name NOT....

J.Wajer

Postby J.Wajer » Sun Jun 17, 2018 22:25

serial461 wrote:I can't be the only one hearing something and aborting the process all the time...
Why don't you mix in real time to a mix bus? That way you dont need to start all over again. I hardly ever use the mixdown interface, but I mix to the bus. Much faster and you can punch whenever you hear something going wrong in the mix. After the mixdown inclusive the punches are ready, you can perform a superfast render on your mixdown.

Nevertheless I feel your pain. Exactly the same is valid for the Render window for that matter. I even do a ctrl-shift-home-copy before rendering so that I have the name in the copy buffer. Just in case some settings are wrong, the file already exists, or I last chose MPX4. Been doing this for years...A stupid workaround for something so silly and so easy to fix.
...Gracefully Ignored...

charly van rest

Postby charly van rest » Mon Jun 18, 2018 17:34

Thanks...very good and easy Idea,
then in the render you can change to another file-format.

DJS

Postby DJS » Tue Jul 31, 2018 22:16

This applies almost universally to most software dialogs. Remember all settings last time they were used and default to them next time. Leave them that way until user changes them. :!:
David Spearritt
Classical and Acoustic Music, BNE, Australia