Making Mp3's and AAC files

Pyramix Native users forum
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
TvdB

Making Mp3's and AAC files

Postby TvdB » Thu Feb 08, 2018 03:38

Newbie to Pyramix here. Slogging my way through this complex software for the first time... trying to get mp3/AAC files to my client. I have been successful in making a PMI CD image, an MTFF Digital Release file, a DDP folder, and FLAC files. But every time I choose mp3 or AAC, the option doesn't take and I get an error: "Invalid Input for Album Publishing."

I have made efforts to try from 44.1/48 sample rates by using the DDP and PMI CD image options as the source, but that hasn't solved it.

On Wavelab I used to have to install some codecs separately on the computer, but I see no instruction for any such thing here. This may or may not be the case.

Also, I'm confused as to what plugins I'm supposed to have. Isn't EQ-X and a few others included with Pyramix Native? Anyway, any help appreciated, thank you! -Thomas

DiscWrite 11.0.5

fl

Re: Making Mp3's and AAC files

Postby fl » Thu Feb 08, 2018 19:18

TvdB wrote:Newbie to Pyramix here. Slogging my way through this complex software for the first time... trying to get mp3/AAC files to my client. I have been successful in making a PMI CD image, an MTFF Digital Release file, a DDP folder, and FLAC files. But every time I choose mp3 or AAC, the option doesn't take and I get an error: "Invalid Input for Album Publishing."

Exactly where and when does the "Invalid Input for Album Publishing" error message pop up? It's possible that you've made a simple error configuring the Publishing settings.

Off the top of my head your problems could stem from four sources:
1. a problem with your license/dongle
2. a problem with your Pyramix installation
3. a problem with Windows, particularly the nightmare known as Windows 10
4. a problem with the Album Publishing settings

1. You can check the details of your license by running the "MT Security Settings" application. Scroll down the list of options about half-way and check whether "Advanced Audio Codec Support" is authorized. While you're at it, look a little further down to see the situation regarding "EQ-X". If these are not authorized, you may need to talk with your Pyramix dealer about the details of your license purchase.

2. Sometimes a Pyramix installation can go off the rails and in that case, re-running the installer, but this time choosing the "Repair" option should insure that all required components get installed properly. It's not a bad idea to disable any anti-malware software you have running while you do this, just in case. If this gives you no joy, you may need to contact Merging Support - support@merging.com - directly, and perhaps arrange for someone there to have a TeamViewer session with you to examine the minutiae of your installation.

3. Merging is a small company with only about thirty employees so keeping up with the ever moving target that is Windows 10 is a challenge for them. Be sure that you are not running one of the more recent Win10 updates/grades. Details can be found in the online Knowledge base at https://confluence.merging.com/ - particularly in the "Troubleshooting" and "Known Issues > Pyramix 11" sections.

4. Getting all the settings right for Album Publishing can be tricky and picky. An error in choosing the output destination folder, or the conversion options for sample-rate and word-length, or even the file naming you chose, can bring the whole operation crashing down. Be sure to review the Manual entries on the subject, beginning on page 612. The manual can be a little terse and confusing, so if you like, I can help you with this part, probably best done through direct communication as opposed to filling up space in this forum with my trademark long and rambling explanations.
Frank Lockwood, Toronto, ON, Canada
http://LockwoodARS.com
• Pyramix Native 11.1.6
• Mac Mini 6.2 (3rd Gen. Quadcore i7) - Bootcamp 6.0.6136 - Win10 Pro SP1 64 v1809
• RME Fireface 800 ASIO driver 3.125 or ASIO4All 2.15

fl

Re: Making Mp3's and AAC files

Postby fl » Thu Feb 08, 2018 19:29

In the time it took me to post the previous reply, Merging issued a new version of Pyramix - 11.0.6, which purports to solve issues with the more recent versions of Windows 10, so please proceed accordingly with regards to my comments about Win10.
Frank Lockwood, Toronto, ON, Canada
http://LockwoodARS.com
• Pyramix Native 11.1.6
• Mac Mini 6.2 (3rd Gen. Quadcore i7) - Bootcamp 6.0.6136 - Win10 Pro SP1 64 v1809
• RME Fireface 800 ASIO driver 3.125 or ASIO4All 2.15