L and R levels in stereo master bus

Welcome to the Pyramix MassCore discussion forum.
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
DJS

L and R levels in stereo master bus

Postby DJS » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:38

Confounded by a very basic problem. How does one change the separate levels of Left and Right channels in the stereo master bus. I cannot see how to do it, easily.

8O

Must be too much wine.
David Spearritt
Classical and Acoustic Music, BNE, Australia

allemano bernard@neuf.fr

Re: L and R levels in stereo master bus

Postby allemano bernard@neuf.fr » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:13

Hi, you can create two mono master busses (one for the left and one for the right) after that, you can manage each level separately. You can also use stereo tool from FLUX to manage the left and right volume.
best regards,
bernard
pyramix 10 Native; windows 10 64 Bits; Asrock Z 270 PRO 4; intel core i7 7700 4.20 GHz; 16G DDR4;
1 SSD M2 Nvme for system; 1 SSD M2 Nvme for medias; 1 WD Caviar Black 1T. for backups.

DJS

Postby DJS » Mon Jan 01, 2018 07:39

Thanks Bernard. So does everyone routinely get rid of the stereo master buss and replace with two mono busses in their mastering templates?
David Spearritt

allemano bernard@neuf.fr

Postby allemano bernard@neuf.fr » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:32

personally, I DON'T do that ! ! ! :) but if anyone whant to do it....
best regards, and happy new year !!
pyramix 10 Native; windows 10 64 Bits; Asrock Z 270 PRO 4; intel core i7 7700 4.20 GHz; 16G DDR4;
1 SSD M2 Nvme for system; 1 SSD M2 Nvme for medias; 1 WD Caviar Black 1T. for backups.

fl

Postby fl » Mon Jan 01, 2018 18:07

DJS wrote:Thanks Bernard. So does everyone routinely get rid of the stereo master buss and replace with two mono busses in their mastering templates?

If you find that the Dual Mono Bus solution is too cumbersome and/or limiting (as I believe I would), why not just install an Aux. Group, between all your Strips and the Main Mix Bus?

This way, should you have an incredibly complex mix comprised of many Strips/Channels perhaps controlled by Automation already written, all you need to do to tweak the balance of your output with the Aux's panner, in whichever Type, Dual Source Mode and Divergence you prefer.

Or, as Bernard has already pointed out, Flux's free "Stereo Tool" gives you extensive control over panning and balance, when used as a plug-in on your Master Bus. There is also DMG's free "Track Control": https://dmgaudio.com/products_trackcontrol.php

All my very best wishes for Peace and Prosperity in 2018.
Frank Lockwood, Toronto, ON, Canada
http://LockwoodARS.com
• Pyramix Native 11.1.6
• Mac Mini 6.2 (3rd Gen. Quadcore i7) - Bootcamp 6.0.6136 - Win10 Pro SP1 64 v1809
• RME Fireface 800 ASIO driver 3.125 or ASIO4All 2.15

DJS

Postby DJS » Tue Jan 02, 2018 01:54

Many thanks Bernard and Frank. I think the stereo management plugin is the preferred solution for the time being.
David Spearritt

Perfect Record

Postby Perfect Record » Fri Jan 12, 2018 04:21

I've never had to adjust levels on a master buss. But I do use the Flux stereo tool every now and then on individual stereo tracks if needed. Or I'll adjust track levels in the EDL.

DJS

Postby DJS » Fri Jan 12, 2018 09:01

Perfect Record wrote:Or I'll adjust track levels in the EDL.

Do you mean adjust clip gain? Or use the mixer gains?
David Spearritt

Perfect Record

Postby Perfect Record » Fri Jan 12, 2018 18:11

Anything will do. Envelope gain, clip gain, pans.

But like has been said earlier, the Flux Stereo Tool works great, whether you insert it on tracks or busses. And it's free!