Pyramix playback stall

Welcome to the Pyramix MassCore discussion forum.
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
jelle@arco-music

Pyramix playback stall

Postby jelle@arco-music » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:26

In Pyramix X I experience a frequent playback stall. A loud tick is played back, after it there is no more audio output (the main bus in the mixer does not show any output). Sometimes there is also a sort of pink noise on the output (a burst that fades out after some seconds). This burst is visible on the output metering.

Changing the VST buffer size causes the mixer to rebuild and solves the problem for a short period of time.
Sometimes it helps to remove all output busses and re add them. After this all goes well for some time, and then it starts all over.
Removing all plugins (waves mercury, altiverb, ozone Izotope and Elysia) does help at first, after some time the problem starts reoccurring.

The problem only occurs from 192 kHz and in multiple projects (not a corrupt project)

My setup:

Pyramix 10.0.7 hotfix build 29268 14.02.2016
on a sering turnkey "Quintessence" PCT-R4W7B/PCT-R4W7C
Horus over Ravenna (Firmware 3.0.70b29299

Plug inns: Waves Mercury, Ozone Izotope 7, Altiverb XL, Elysia

Ricardo Ryan
Site Admin

Re: Pyramix playback stall

Postby Ricardo Ryan » Mon Nov 20, 2017 15:37

Hi,

I'd first recommend that you run v10.2 which is the latest official version out of the v10 release. Any reason why you don't?

We also recommend if under MassCore that you increase your VST Buffer Size (under Pyramix settings)

Best Regards,
Ricardo

geddy75

Postby geddy75 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 16:55

I have exactly same experience.
Very loud noise made me crazy.
This happened at latest version of pyramix 11.0.5
Nothing fixed.

It happens very often when play clip has different sample rate with project sample rate using realtime sample rate conversion.

I found there is no way to resolve this problem.
The only one is restart PC and Pyramix, or Render the clip has different sample rate as none option.
PMX 12 + Masscore + Windows 10 + Hapi + Anubis

Ricardo Ryan
Site Admin

Postby Ricardo Ryan » Mon Nov 20, 2017 18:48

Hi,

When this happens what are your media sampling rate and file formats? And what is the sampling rate of the project in use?

You can always send me your Pyramix project (.pmx) and Pyramix Settings (.pms) at rryan[at]merging.com

Best Regards,
Ricardo

J.Wajer

Postby J.Wajer » Mon Nov 20, 2017 19:13

Pyramix emits noise when it crosses samples that are not in the samplerate of the project and samplerate conv is set to on. This is valid in PMX 9. I gather it is still emitting noise in PMX 11? 0_o
...Gracefully Ignored...