Pyramix Virtual Studio Application has stopped working

Welcome to the Pyramix MassCore discussion forum.
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
musicianroc

Pyramix Virtual Studio Application has stopped working

Postby musicianroc » Fri Oct 06, 2017 05:54

Hello, guys

Recently I was experiencing something really weird. When I trim the clip or move the crossfade section, Pyramix software just crashes...

It says "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Window will close the program and notify you if a solution is available"

I'm using PMX 11 and I have tried to reinstall the Pyramix software and the window system as well, but nothing changes.

Does anyone has experienced the same issue?

Thank you!
Roc

fl

Re: Pyramix Virtual Studio Application has stopped working

Postby fl » Fri Oct 06, 2017 15:30

Without more information, the cause of your problem could be any of a thousand issues - connections to external hard drives, connections to the audio interface, corruption in your Pyramix software installation, Security settings for your drives that's changed recently, some bug introduced with a Windows update...

Which version and type of Windows are you running? Native or Mass Core? Does the crash happen with any Pyramix Project, or one in particular? How many tracks?

It could be anything from a loose connection to malware...
Frank Lockwood, Toronto, ON, Canada
http://LockwoodARS.com
• Pyramix Native 11.1.6
• Mac Mini 6.2 (3rd Gen. Quadcore i7) - Bootcamp 6.0.6136 - Win10 Pro SP1 64 v1809
• RME Fireface 800 ASIO driver 3.125 or ASIO4All 2.15

musicianroc

Postby musicianroc » Fri Oct 06, 2017 16:05

I'm using the native PMX 11. Window 10 Pro. Recently it crashes a lot, just when I try to trim something. There are only 16 tracks and I'm doing the Sourse-Destination editing.
fl wrote:Without more information, the cause of your problem could be any of a thousand issues - connections to external hard drives, connections to the audio interface, corruption in your Pyramix software installation, Security settings for your drives that's changed recently, some bug introduced with a Windows update...

Which version and type of Windows are you running? Native or Mass Core? Does the crash happen with any Pyramix Project, or one in particular? How many tracks?

It could be anything from a loose connection to malware...

DJS

Postby DJS » Sat Oct 07, 2017 00:02

Yes, for the first time in years, the other day, I got a crash when SD editing from the xfade window. Win 10, PMX11 Native. Was very surprised. Keeping an eye on it.
David Spearritt
Classical and Acoustic Music, BNE, Australia

musicianroc

Postby musicianroc » Sat Oct 07, 2017 03:09

Yes, it really surprised me...
I'm wondering if it related to the system usage of PMX 11 or some conflict between hardware, bluetooth mouse or something like that
DJS wrote:Yes, for the first time in years, the other day, I got a crash when SD editing from the xfade window. Win 10, PMX11 Native. Was very surprised. Keeping an eye on it.

ljudatervinning

Postby ljudatervinning » Sat Oct 07, 2017 17:04

I got the same issue with Pyramix 10 Native under Win10 Pro.
It haven’t happend yet in Pyramix 11.
However, when I undo editing in Source/Destination, Pyramix Crashes.
Pyramix Pro 25th / Ravenna MAD
win10 Pro 1909 / Nvidia RTX 3080, 4 monitors
win10 Pro 1909 / Lenovo P50, 4K

Thomas Grubb

Postby Thomas Grubb » Mon Oct 09, 2017 01:21

I've just had the same issue 3 times over the course of an afternoon with PMX11 and Win10 while adjusting the length of a clip - happens when running both in MassCore and ASIO mode. The crossfade editor is always open on a second monitor.

According to the Windows Event Log, at the time of the crash there was a problem with the Bonjour service. About to upload the log to Merging...

Cheers,
Tom
Thomas Grubb
manomusica.com
Melbourne

Larry Elliott

Postby Larry Elliott » Mon Oct 09, 2017 01:53

I too am having unexplained crashes - PMX 11 Win 10. System locks and computer needs to be restarted.

Will be interested in the comments you receive back Thomas