Creating VCA group in Pyramix

Welcome to the Pyramix MassCore discussion forum.
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
musicianroc

Creating VCA group in Pyramix

Postby musicianroc » Mon Oct 02, 2017 16:23

Hello, guys

I have a question about the VCA group.
I try to create a VCA group to control the individual fader. But after I create the vca group, I don't know how to assign the individual channel to this vca group.
Can anyone help me out?

Thank you very much!

fl

Re: Creating VCA group in Pyramix

Postby fl » Mon Oct 02, 2017 17:57

I'll assume that you're using Pyramix version 11, with the "new" (as of version 10) Mixer, rather than the "Legacy" mixer.

It's possible that a portion of your Mixer's display is collapsed, so that you cannot view the VCA Assignments. With your Mixer window open, look on its right edge where you'll see some little boxes with either a "+" or a "-" in them. These expand or collapse individual areas of the Mixer - from top to bottom: the various Bus and Aux assignments; Panning; Plug-in Effects; Gain (with the main Fader display); Mute; Mic Pre (shown even if you're not a Horus/Hapi owner); and Automation, IO and VCA - expand this one. With that area shown, you'll see a box for each VCA you've installed below each Input Strip's Fader and Mute/Solo buttons - click on the box to assign each of the Strips you wish controlled, to the VCA Master.

You can see an example of what this looks like on page 236 in the Manual, along with a full explanation of the Mixer display options which starts on page 210.
Frank Lockwood, Toronto, ON, Canada
http://LockwoodARS.com
• Pyramix Native 11.1.6
• Mac Mini 6.2 (3rd Gen. Quadcore i7) - Bootcamp 6.0.6136 - Win10 Pro SP1 64 v1809
• RME Fireface 800 ASIO driver 3.125 or ASIO4All 2.15

musicianroc

Re: Creating VCA group in Pyramix

Postby musicianroc » Tue Oct 03, 2017 02:30

Thank you very much, Frank

You solve my problem!

Best,
Roc

fl wrote:I'll assume that you're using Pyramix version 11, with the "new" (as of version 10) Mixer, rather than the "Legacy" mixer.

It's possible that a portion of your Mixer's display is collapsed, so that you cannot view the VCA Assignments. With your Mixer window open, look on its right edge where you'll see some little boxes with either a "+" or a "-" in them. These expand or collapse individual areas of the Mixer - from top to bottom: the various Bus and Aux assignments; Panning; Plug-in Effects; Gain (with the main Fader display); Mute; Mic Pre (shown even if you're not a Horus/Hapi owner); and Automation, IO and VCA - expand this one. With that area shown, you'll see a box for each VCA you've installed below each Input Strip's Fader and Mute/Solo buttons - click on the box to assign each of the Strips you wish controlled, to the VCA Master.

You can see an example of what this looks like on page 236 in the Manual, along with a full explanation of the Mixer display options which starts on page 210.