Using MTFF files

Welcome to the Pyramix MassCore discussion forum.
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
Larry Elliott

Using MTFF files

Postby Larry Elliott » Tue Dec 31, 2013 23:02

Is there anyway to use a MTFF file to generate say a CD image or an MP3 without having to regenerate it from the Generate CD Image option? Thanks and Happy New Year.
Larry Elliott

fl

Re: Using MTFF files

Postby fl » Wed Jan 01, 2014 21:26

Larry,

I asked David at Merging support this very question, and the answer was at present, no. At the same time, he suggested that you might be able to use it with DiscWrite to publish some files, but wasn't sure, and I haven't had the chance to test this out. It does seem rather ludicrous that we have this new proprietary format, seemingly designed specifically to hold all the meta-data one could need for the generation of WAV, FLAC, AAC, MP3 and OGG files, but then being unable to use it more than once. I would like to think that this oversight is a temporary state of affairs.
Frank Lockwood, Toronto, ON, Canada
http://LockwoodARS.com
• Pyramix Native 11.1.6
• Mac Mini 6.2 (3rd Gen. Quadcore i7) - Bootcamp 6.0.6136 - Win10 Pro SP1 64 v1809
• RME Fireface 800 ASIO driver 3.125 or ASIO4All 2.15

Larry Elliott

Postby Larry Elliott » Wed Jan 01, 2014 21:31

Frank,

Thanks for your response. This is as I had interpreted things. Oh well let's hope for something in the future.

Best wishes for 2014,
Larry

fl

Postby fl » Thu Jan 02, 2014 21:01

Just an update - DiscWrite cannot open MTFF files at all, so any option of "re-publishing" material that way is not available. Pyramix itself just sees MTFF files as yet another audio file, so re-use is similarly unavailable. For now, I'm just deleting them to free up HD space.
• Pyramix Native 11.1.6
• Mac Mini 6.2 (3rd Gen. Quadcore i7) - Bootcamp 6.0.6136 - Win10 Pro SP1 64 v1809

fl

Postby fl » Wed Oct 08, 2014 18:33

fl wrote:Just an update - DiscWrite cannot open MTFF files at all, so any option of "re-publishing" material that way is not available. Pyramix itself just sees MTFF files as yet another audio file, so re-use is similarly unavailable. For now, I'm just deleting them to free up HD space.

That was then, this is now.

With Pyramix 9.1.4, DiskWrite can now open an MTFF file AND Publish to any and all of the same File Formats that can be chosen in Pyramix - it calls the same Publishing set-up window as well.

Finally, MTFF files can be re-used, in a useful way.
• Pyramix Native 11.1.6

rathammer

Postby rathammer » Mon Feb 27, 2017 09:55

update and/or question: it seems to me that - as soon as the MTFF is something other than 44kHz - the output options are reduced to "album publishing" i.e. only trackbased audiofiles (i.e. no DDP, no CD Image, no CD burning.

This defeats the real usefulness, i think.

Would it be possible to have the SRC options in there as well so that we could use the MTFF as a real master format and generate any future media from that HiRes file without re-rendering? That would be so awesome!!!

fl

Postby fl » Mon Feb 27, 2017 15:15

rathammer wrote:it seems to me that - as soon as the MTFF is something other than 44kHz - the output options are reduced to "album publishing" i.e. only trackbased audiofiles (i.e. no DDP, no CD Image, no CD burning.

On the Album Publishing Settings page where you select the various Published file formats, you should be able to add and remove different formats to/from the list. If you don't see one that is going to output 44.1 files, "Add" it, along with determining its dithering options.

I don't own the DDP option, but on my system, I do have the option to output a CD Image file - a .pmi - even in projects recorded at 96 kHz. Really, a CD image only makes sense if it's at 44.1, and similarly, mp3 and aac files are limited to a maximum SR of 48 kHz.

Sample rate conversion is there, you just have to find it.
• Pyramix Native 11.1.6