Ravenna client for Linux (pulseaudio or jack)

Self-explained! ;-)
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
antoszka

Ravenna client for Linux (pulseaudio or jack)

Postby antoszka » Sun Aug 16, 2015 21:11

This is a question/suggestion -- since a native Linux Ravenna implementation already exists in the form of the HAPI/HORUS firmware, would it be very hard to create a desktop client that speaks to pulseaudio and/or jack(d)? I can think of many scenarios, where such a thing would be very welcome, a of lot electronically composed and performed music (especially in the fields of live electronics, algorithmic composition and related research) is done on Linux.

Being able to directly connect a Linux system to a Ravenna router/network would be tremendously empowering and allow penetration of the technology into new areas.

dewilcl

Re: Ravenna client for Linux (pulseaudio or jack)

Postby dewilcl » Sat Jan 28, 2017 19:14

Is there something new about this good idea?
I heard somewhere that merging developped an ALSA/AES67 VSC.
Is it true?

OswaldoH

Postby OswaldoH » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:14

dewilcl wrote:Is there more info on Quick Extender Pro or something new about this good idea?
I heard somewhere that merging developped an ALSA/AES67 VSC.
Is it true?

I don't think it's true, we would have heard something by now.
Last edited by OswaldoH on Tue Oct 26, 2021 09:23, edited 2 times in total.

antoszka

Postby antoszka » Wed Feb 28, 2018 22:13

Can we get a response from Merging here please?

florian

Postby florian » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:15

Horus and Hapi are based on a FPGA implementation. There are not any ALSA drivers in these devices.

This said, we are working on an AES67 ALSA driver and we are close to finalize. There will be an annoucement once finished.
In the meantime, if you are interrested, you can contact us at aes67[at]mergingdotcom