HAPI / HORUS and monitoring

Welcome to the Pyramix MassCore discussion forum.
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
Paulo M

Re: HAPI / HORUS and monitoring

Postby Paulo M » Sat Feb 07, 2015 17:46

I did try to use the MT ASIO driver with Jriver and other software media players with disastrous results, using Pyramix 7 and a Mykerinos Dual. The ASIO drivers in Pyramix, pre Ravenna are really not reliable. So there went my dreams of using one of my Merging old cards to build a 32 bit media center.

However, I actually never tried what Graemme suggested, by using the ASIO Bridge instead with JRiver, either feeding an external or a strip. The only drawback is the need to have Pyramix open for this. I had good results by using other apps like Audio Mulch in the past, it did work. I will give this a try with Jriver, but I suspect that the MT ASIO Bridge may use the same ASIO drivers, so it may not work either as Graemme found out. Let´s see what happens.
Best regards,

Paulo M

Pyramix 7.1 Masscore
VCube XE 3.1
MB5 Dual & X50 MADI
Win XP SP3
Intel Q9600/Gigabyte X48 DS5 Motherboard/ASUS 4350 Graphic card

Graemme

Postby Graemme » Sun Feb 08, 2015 04:34

Another day and another result using the MT ASIO Brdge driver (not much of a surprise)...

This is on a 'Native', non-MassCore machine, running Win 7 32bit; PMX 9.1.6; Ravenna ASIO driver 9.1.6; Horus running latest beta firmware

Before I started Pyramix, I changed the number of Bridge I/O in the 'VS3 Settings' Control Panel from 16 to 32, (Hey, I'm desperate by now...) saved and started Pyramix. This was an attempt to 're-write' the settings preferences...I have no idea if it actually solved anything ;->

Selected a stereo strip as an 'external' input, set to Bridge inputs AB1 / AB2.

Record-armed this strip (attached to an empty EDL pair of tracks in their own track group)

Opened JRMC 20.0.66 and chose the MT ASIO Bridge as the driver.

Loaded a CD into this PC's drive and JRMC promptly recognized it.

JRMC DSP set to output all sources at 88K2.

In the JRMC 'rip' window, double click on the first track listing*, enabling playback...

It seems to play just fine and I hear all the gaps properly. Rewind and Fast forward work smoothly. I do have the 'gap' settings all turned off (to maintain the original spacing) in the app itself but these may not apply to the 'Rip' window.

So, right now, listening to a CD, upsampled to 88K2 in Pyramix, from JRMC and it sounds like I expect it to, with no hint of any M$ 'SRC from hell' anywhere...

I wonder if it will still work tomorrow? In other words, I sure wish (as Paulo said) that the Merging ASIO drivers, were much more robust and compatible with other apps. Myself, I include the Ravenna ASIO drivers in this request, as they seem to cause unnecessary resets with apps like JRMC and Reaper.

Back to work now...

gb
Graemme Brown
Zen Mastering
1460 Wild Rose Drive
Gabriola Island, BC
Canada V0R 1X5
+1.604.874.9096

"A Horus, A Horus; My Kingdom for a Horus!"

archive

Postby archive » Thu Jan 26, 2017 19:02

Dredging up this old thread to ask - has there ever been further talk from Merging about adding SRC capability to the Horus / Hapi digital inputs in a future firmware update?
J. LaPointe
archivemastering.com
Pyramix Pro 25th Native / HAPI / MAD