VS3 plugin missing in P9 32bit

Welcome to the Pyramix MassCore discussion forum.
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
Vangelis

VS3 plugin missing in P9 32bit

Postby Vangelis » Tue Nov 01, 2016 18:41

Hi,
has anyone encountered a missing entry in the VS3 plugin list in Pyramix 9 version 9.1.10 32bit?

I have installed this version and my APHRO REVERB is missing in the list.
Checked the paid licences (keys). The key is listed.
Had no problem with P8. Double checked to see if the dlls are installed. All is ok in Merging's installed folders.

Thanx

Vangelis
Planet REC music productions.
Vangelis Spanakakis, producer - artist.

fl

Re: VS3 plugin missing in P9 32bit

Postby fl » Tue Nov 01, 2016 18:50

I seem to remember that when I last did a "Custom" installation of Pyramix (as I normally do, since I don't own a Horus/Hapi, and have no use for all the Networking and "Discovery" stuff that gets installed as part of the normal method), there was one entry for VB Plug-ins, and a separate one for VB Aphro.

Is it possible that you did a "Custom" install, and failed to check the appropriate box? If so, it's a simple matter to run the installer again, in "Repair" mode, ticking what's appropriate to your needs and licenses.
Frank Lockwood, Toronto, ON, Canada
http://LockwoodARS.com
• Pyramix Native 11.1.6
• Mac Mini 6.2 (3rd Gen. Quadcore i7) - Bootcamp 6.0.6136 - Win10 Pro SP1 64 v1809
• RME Fireface 800 ASIO driver 3.125 or ASIO4All 2.15

Vangelis

Postby Vangelis » Wed Nov 02, 2016 18:36

Thank you! That was the issue...

I had first installed the VB plugins but noticed that they needed to be registered (thought they would be free in ver 9)....So I did a new install without the VB plugins so the program can load faster without the unregistered plugs....

I also noticed that (despite the fact of not installing the VB package) Pyramix could "see" my registered Aphro DLLs and showed successful loading. When the program was ready to run, no Aphro was in the Time Domain & Reverb list...

Thanx alot!

(If there is still a way to get rid of the rest VB plugs in order to reduce Pyramix-loading time, please tell)

Vangelis
Planet REC music productions.

Vangelis Spanakakis, producer - artist.

fl

Postby fl » Wed Nov 02, 2016 19:05

You're using version 9, correct? I believe that with the onset of version 10, Aphro became a separate option when doing a "Custom" install, whereas in v. 9 it's grouped in with the rest of the VB plugins. Other than that, it's all or nothing, unless you want to dig down to wherever the VS3 plugs get installed, and manually delete the one's you don't want. I have no idea whether this will affect Pyramix's stability, and personally, I'd be reluctant to attempt it.
Frank Lockwood, Toronto, ON, Canada
http://LockwoodARS.com
• Pyramix Native 11.1.6
• Mac Mini 6.2 (3rd Gen. Quadcore i7) - Bootcamp 6.0.6136 - Win10 Pro SP1 64 v1809
• RME Fireface 800 ASIO driver 3.125 or ASIO4All 2.15